1/72 - Kawasaki Ki-102a/b "Randy" by AZ model - project cancelled

Homebee

AZ model is to release (in 2016) 1/72nd Kawasaki Ki-102 kits.
Source: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234931186-azmodellegatoadmiral-wwii-aircraft-comments-questions-and-wishes/?p=2147039

QuoteQuote

(...) Great progress in the preparation of models DHC-1, Kingfisher, Gosling, Bf 109K,Bf 109G-12 , UC-78, Piper L-18/21 and Ki-102nd (...)

Petr Muzikant and team KP/AZ

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

• 7 months later...

Today email from Hannants:

"The item or items shown have been cancelled by the Manufacturer so will not be produced now.

Because we will not be able to supply it we have removed it from your Watching list

AZM73065: Kawasaki Ki-102b 'Randy'

same as AZM73064: Kawasaki Ki-102a 'Randy'

Is it the end of a story?

• Like 1

Too bad. I think it was, like the Oxford, to be based on the old Pavla kit but much improved. I was really looking forward to it. It was a very sleek aero plane.

Source: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235010228-kpaz-central-discussion-questions-answers/&do=findComment&comment=2686107

(...) Dear gentlemen, let me announce one news in our production plan for 2017. Thanks to the fact that company Sword released very nice kit of Ki-102 Randy (link), we decided to stop our work on this project. Our Ki-102 will be replaced by another project: de Havilland DH.98 Mosquitoes (link), among them NF. 30. (...)

V.P.

Edited by Homebee