1/32 Tornado

It looks like a really nice kit for the money Tom, I picked this up,last year at Telford from Hannants for 20 quid and I do t think you can go wrong for a kit at this scale for that price (and I don't think there is any alternative for a Tonka in this scale ?)

I had a read through your Hunter build last night (great work by the way) and after seeing yours I made my mind up to add a Hunter to the stash

Pete

I got mine at the same time - Wonderland Models if my memory serves me correctly :hmmm:. I'll be adding a couple more Hunters into my stash too, plan is eventually to do a GA.11 and convert another into a T.7 although the conversion kits currently cost 4 times the basic kit :mental: crazy world that we live in.

Regards

Tom

I got mine at the same time - Wonderland Models if my memory serves me correctly :hmmm:. I'll be adding a couple more Hunters into my stash too, plan is eventually to do a GA.11 and convert another into a T.7 although the conversion kits currently cost 4 times the basic kit :mental: crazy world that we live in.

Regards

Tom

It's true Tom, it's fast getting to be that the kit is the cheap part if you choose to go down the aftermarket route, but at least Revell (while not as refined as maybe Tamiya) are giving us subjects that might not otherwise get produced at an affordable price (and its up to the modeller to choose weather to add more or not)

Of course I would love a Tonka in this scale by Tamiya, but imagine the cost

Pete

After sanding and a blast of primer it's still far from perfect, but it will end up fixed to a base and no one will see the underside

(I won't tell anyone how rough it is if you don't)

20150702_125431_zps48nq4lv6.jpg

Fin glued together, and although I'm used to building in 1/32 it's still surprisingly mahoosive

20150704_140841_zpsniz02kso.jpg

Edited by Brundledonk
  • Like 1

It's true Tom, it's fast getting to be that the kit is the cheap part if you choose to go down the aftermarket route, but at least Revell (while not as refined as maybe Tamiya) are giving us subjects that might not otherwise get produced at an affordable price (and its up to the modeller to choose weather to add more or not)

Of course I would love a Tonka in this scale by Tamiya, but imagine the cost

Pete

Absolutely Pete, I'd love to get my hands on one of Tamiya's F-4J but at a third of the cost I can have a Revell F-4F and stretch my skills sorting the errors - which is probably the more fun way anyways. Which might explain why I've got two of them (well ones an RF-4E but still) and the Luftwaffe camouflage schemes are some of the best ever worn by Phantoms apart from RN / RAF ones :winkgrin:

Keep up the excellent work on the Tonka.

Regards

Tom

Absolutely Pete, I'd love to get my hands on one of Tamiya's F-4J but at a third of the cost I can have a Revell F-4F and stretch my skills sorting the errors - which is probably the more fun way anyways. Which might explain why I've got two of them (well ones an RF-4E but still) and the Luftwaffe camouflage schemes are some of the best ever worn by Phantoms apart from RN / RAF ones :winkgrin:

Keep up the excellent work on the Tonka.

Regards

Tom

I have built the Tamiya Spook and it was a thoroughly enjoyable build, I bought it a few years back at an airshow and although I thought it was expensive then , it's a lot more money to buy one today. I haven't built a revell one but I have seen many finished examples that show that with a bit of work waht an excellent kit it is (if you shop around you can get 3 Revells for the cost of 1 Tamiya kit)

Speaking as a modeller of limited funds these days, I'm increasingly drawn to cheaper kits and willing to invest some time and skills into them to try amd produce a good result

Pete

20150704_140905_zpsvicibzob.jpgI want the Airbrakes closed in this one, and again the fit isn't perfect (filler and sanding will get me there if I'm patient though)

Refueling probe glued in and the nose halves together

20150704_140920_zpsz9efpplz.jpg

Edited by Brundledonk
  • Like 2

There are decals in the box for this aircraft so I'm going to have a go at desert pink, plent of weathering potential here too

image.jpg2_zpsptbbaec0.jpg

Nice work Pete, that's the colour I would do but I just don't like the shark mouth it dose not look right maybe it's just me ! so some after market decals would be purchased

She is a big girl isn't she?

A 1/32 Jag would look good along side !!! ( if only )

Keep up the good work

Guy