1/9 Brough Superior

Fastcat

Hi guys, the kit came in yesterday. What can I say it's like you openend a treasury chest haha parts just keep on coming out and every big has a big wow and awesome effect:-D Finishing up some projects and then it will go on the bench and will make a wip of it here.

Edited by PixM

Italeri's 1/9 Norton Manx 500 kit tires fit the Brough's rims fairly well, they are of the Avon Racing type and the front is ribbed as it would be in the day:

IMG_9803_zps3fykp3tl.jpg

Rear:

IMG_9804_zpslbf9ejgp.jpg

Front:

IMG_9805_zps6mt8dbjn.jpg

Those were the only tires I had that fitted the rims , any one get parts from Italeri lately?

krow113, on 08 Apr 2016 - 01:52 AM, said:

Italeri's 1/9 Norton Manx 500 kit tires fit the Brough's rims fairly well, they are of the Avon Racing type and the front is ribbed as it would be in the day:

IMG_9803_zps3fykp3tl.jpg

Those were the only tires I had that fitted the rims , any one get parts from Italeri lately?

Steve,

That front tire looks really good. I have the original Protar version of the Manx kit and the front tire is way too small for the Brough. I'm a bit surprised that Italieri tooled up a new front tire but yours looks a lot different than the one in my kit. Did you have to stretch the tire much to get it onto the rim?

100_3148.jpg

Yes I hadda roll the tire on but it snugged down nicely.I would NOT try that with a Protar tire , age being a factor there.

The Italeri kit has AVON RACING moulded on the tires , Dunlop would be better but I can live with Avon , most might not care.

And as you may have gleaned I have my own Brough kit now, I have spent more than a few hours looking through the parts etc , took me 2 days to find the etch under the foam liner!

Neat how Provini put his own name on the kit tires! So impressed with the Protar kits , we were lucky to have him do that.

You should be almost finished yours by now , Wot!

Don't know if this is the right thread but have been gathering info and materials for my Brough build. One thing I can't put my finger on is what paint I can use for the engine see photo.

Dull allu from alclad is to dark I did some testing with the metallic paints I have all to shiny, to dark etc etc so maybe any of you have some ideas?
brough-superior-engine-2.jpg

Thanx!

There may be a slight problem occurring with the exhaust pipes rear mounting bracket , coming off the mufflers , anyone see that?

Also issues with oil lines , fuel lines , wiring , and routing of these items. Pics of an SS100 with the tank and seat off will be needed.

Approx 20 questions on my list, just from perusing the instructions , none of which negate the kit at all , very impressive kit to say the least.

Edited by krow113

Hi Mark, yeah I have seen the WIP thread which is an awesome build! With good tips, But the builder is going for the all shine version of the brough and I am gonna give it a slight weathering. Did some testing yesterday and am happy with the result of polishing the white metal en killing the shine on some parts with matt varnish.

@krow113 got the some questions too after reading the instruction for a hundred times haha checking the wip of Hiro San himself shine some light on some questions. You can download a brough superior ss100 book with some good detailed photos in it over here

• 5 months later...

Hi Steve, expensive use of the Brough chain but the sacrifice will be worth it...:P,

we definitely need to get some basic 1/9th scale motorcycle parts on the market such as chains & clocks, levers, etc.:(

Mark D ;)

• Like 1