This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Stew Dapple

Airfix 1/72 Bristol Beaufighter TFX - Coastal Command Beaus

Very nice work, Stew! How do you like the Phoenix Precision paints? I'm always on the lookout for good hobby paints that I probably can't get in America...

Cheers,

Bill

Wow Stew, a lovely couple of Beaus - I'm late to the comments and all the puns have gone! :(

The paint job on those is excellent, especially the stripes. Shades of grey, who'd thought it - very realistic.

Good job Mr Dapple :)

Excellent Beaufighters Stew. Very well done. :goodjob:

Thanks very much Greg B)

Very nice work, Stew! How do you like the Phoenix Precision paints? I'm always on the lookout for good hobby paints that I probably can't get in America...

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks Bill, I love the Phoenix Precision Paints so much it borders on indecency. And no, you can't get them in America as far as I know... but I can recommend the Sovereign Hobbies paints (ex-WEM Colourcoats) equally if enamel paint is your preference, they have a good range and stockists in Texas and Massachusetts :)

Wow Stew, a lovely couple of Beaus - I'm late to the comments and all the puns have gone! :(

The paint job on those is excellent, especially the stripes. Shades of grey, who'd thought it - very realistic.

Good job Mr Dapple :)

Thanks Ced - I'm afraid the puns ran out pretty early on, once you have done the 'Beau-tiful' one there isn't really much else to be said... :D Yes, the 'white' in the invasion stripes was Citadel Ulthuan Grey overbrushed with watered-down white with a dryish brush; the black was Vallejo German Grey overbrushed with a watered down mix of German Grey and Black, again with a fairly dry brush, in both cases brushed front-to-rear in the direction of the airflow.

Cheers,

Stew

Lovely Beaus Stew! I also like your display method. I need to crack on with mine soon!

A great looking pair of Beaus. Looking forward to getting stuck in to mine.

Nice pair of Beaus, looks superb with the invasion stripes on. I think it`s an excellent kit and what with next years markings/update release should be a winner.

Missed these! They are beautiful, love beau especially in these colours, but you have made them shine stew

Rob

A stunning pair of Beaus, quite exceptional finishes to both, :goodjob:

Sean

Great work! I'm glad I caught this. The paint work is really crisp, no doubt allowed by the hard work you put in before finishing!

Remarkable craftsmanship on display here. Your crew figures are always a treat, and the weathering here is perfect.

you should give classes!

Cheers,

Mike