Airfix 1/72 Bristol Beaufighter TFX - Coastal Command Beaus

Very nice work, Stew! How do you like the Phoenix Precision paints? I'm always on the lookout for good hobby paints that I probably can't get in America...

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

Wow Stew, a lovely couple of Beaus - I'm late to the comments and all the puns have gone! :(

The paint job on those is excellent, especially the stripes. Shades of grey, who'd thought it - very realistic.

Good job Mr Dapple :)

• Like 1

Excellent Beaufighters Stew. Very well done. :goodjob:

Thanks very much Greg B)

Very nice work, Stew! How do you like the Phoenix Precision paints? I'm always on the lookout for good hobby paints that I probably can't get in America...

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks Bill, I love the Phoenix Precision Paints so much it borders on indecency. And no, you can't get them in America as far as I know... but I can recommend the Sovereign Hobbies paints (ex-WEM Colourcoats) equally if enamel paint is your preference, they have a good range and stockists in Texas and Massachusetts :)

Wow Stew, a lovely couple of Beaus - I'm late to the comments and all the puns have gone! :(

The paint job on those is excellent, especially the stripes. Shades of grey, who'd thought it - very realistic.

Good job Mr Dapple :)

Thanks Ced - I'm afraid the puns ran out pretty early on, once you have done the 'Beau-tiful' one there isn't really much else to be said... :D Yes, the 'white' in the invasion stripes was Citadel Ulthuan Grey overbrushed with watered-down white with a dryish brush; the black was Vallejo German Grey overbrushed with a watered down mix of German Grey and Black, again with a fairly dry brush, in both cases brushed front-to-rear in the direction of the airflow.

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 2

Nice pair of Beaus, looks superb with the invasion stripes on. I think it`s an excellent kit and what with next years markings/update release should be a winner.

• Like 1