Winging it - Hasegawa Mudhen

PhantomBigStu

one I have been working on here and there but as the main body has been sitting in the box since it went wrong it can count as a stalled build. Started it last month, went together well, had to do a fair amount of filling sanding on CFT's as there was a slight gap, but did that fine, primed it. Then began the easy task of painting it, painted the top gunship grey, masks off the metal bits, then turned the thing over, top find the underside of the wing had dimpled. Lots of filling, sanding, priming, repeat since then on said wings, trying to save them and hopefully rescribe the panel lines. Hopefully I can succeed

77CF6912-4C86-4B3F-8170-5AAD386BD09A_zps

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well sourced the LANTIRN pod needed via a spares swap (or rather will have once exactly whats going each way), cracking on with this, assembled and the pylons and fuel tanks, making the necessary mod to the tanks, and painting them gunship grey and ghost grey respectively, the bombs will be next, once I choose the combo I want. then the decals will go on

right been having a massive problem, had to do some touchups after noting a couple of patches of paintwork were iffy, and some stencils were misangled. And for some inexplicable reason now any time I put gunship grey on it it crazes, can't possbile a reaction with the varnish as I tested it repeatably, and even sanded the varnish away and it still happens on the model. Still have at least made it look better, and its more or less the same on the other wing, maybe can call it heat related weathering out in the gulf air?

9BC64D9B-3790-4AE0-8956-A3B95565CCCA_zps

• 2 months later...