1/72 - Lockheed C-130J-30/C-130C4 Hercules conversion sets (for Italeri kit) by Wingman Models - released

Homebee

Source: https://www.facebook.com/wingmanmodels/posts/457647281088668

(...) and ... surprise, surprise ... for the fans of transport aircraft three different C-130J-30/C-130C4 conversion sets for the Italeri kit in 1/72 scale. These kits are divided into

- USAF/IAF - C-130J-30 - ref.WMK72002

- RAF - C-130C4 - ref.WMK72004

- RCAF - stretched Hercs - ref.WMK72003

These new kits include necessary fuselage plugs, new engines and props, tires and cargo floors plus individual antenna array for each user nation. Of course our conversions comes with full markings and stencils.

12049682_457647204422009_112132814202750

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Yes the RAF version i biought does have the LAIRCM fairings for the rear fuselage.

Just trying to work out if only C-13J kit will do as the base kit or bu the fact the endines and beavertail are in the conversion could the original C-130 E/H kit be used instead ?

• Like 1

I have both in the stash (was going to use the parts from the C-130H as a donor for the longer fuselage). The two are identical apart from the nacelles and beaver tail, so yes, you can use either.

Ouch,......I went to buy one from Hannants but the £62 price tag somewhat put me off,......blinking eck! I`d like one very much,...but not THAT much!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 2

I thought the same thing, Tony. I'd like to have a new Hercules, but the kit and this conversion is a little too much for my limited budget (probably too much for my limited skills also, but that's another matter).

Regards,

Jason

For modellers who intends to build the C130H-30 version, it is possible for Wingman Models to sell just the fuselage extensions?

Possibly not because they have the forward part of the wheel sponson moulded in and I have a feeling they are different on a J to the earlier H

For modellers who intends to build the C130H-30 version, it is possible for Wingman Models to sell just the fuselage extensions?

You would need to ask Wingman themselves.

Possibly not because they have the forward part of the wheel sponson moulded in and I have a feeling they are different on a J to the earlier H

All new production -30s had the revised sponson. The RAF stretched aircraft were all modified from original delivery 'Ks' which were equivalent to early late E/H models. in that case you would need to remove the aircon intake on the sponson and add the older style NACA intake.

c70d4798.jpg

Image from Global Aviation Resource

Ouch,......I went to buy one from Hannants but the £62 price tag somewhat put me off,......blinking eck! I`d like one very much,...but not THAT much!

Cheers

Tony

Same here!! Looks great though and there is a lot there for your pennies!. Given the sheer cost of a lot of other resin conversion kits, I don't reckon the kit is excessively priced in comparison but, even though I love Hercs, I don't love 'em that much!! :lol: . Of course, we all know what is going to happen now. Someone is going to produce a brand new C-130J!!!!!!

Allan

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 1

I hate to rain on anyone's parade. But £62!

David J Parkins makes conversion and update sets including one for the herc extension, about £13 I think. Of course the other options are buy 2 kits and use the two to make an extended aircraft. All these options stop well short of the £62! I think the engines can be purchased seperatly from another UK supplier.

Nigel

Just bought my RCAF set from their web store (not their site) and spent $108 Can., including shipping. BUT the set is complete and the decals look superb!! So you don't have to source the engines, the sponsons, the stretch, & the details separately, plus the decals, I don't know of a set of Canadian decals for the new Hercs!! Now to dig the J model out of the stash and get it prepped!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

All new production -30s had the revised sponson. The RAF stretched aircraft were all modified from original delivery 'Ks' which were equivalent to early late E/H models. in that case you would need to remove the aircon intake on the sponson and add the older style NACA intake.

c70d4798.jpg

Image from Global Aviation Resource

The J has the revised Cargo Conditioning Pack (Cargo Bay Pressurisation) of the H. It therefore has the longer Starboard sponson with the air scoop at the front.

Additionally it has the revised Flight Deck Conditioning pack of the H with the air scoop replacing the NACA duct on the forward starboard fuselage.

Finally the J (just like the H) has an APU in the front of an extended port sponson. The K had the GTC/ATM of the E model.

The upshot of this is that the Wingman conversion will not give you a C3 without extensive work to shorten the sponsons.