Welcome to Marmaduke Press Decals!

Well it had to happen didn't it! :)

After several years pondering whether I should or shouldn't; I've taken the plunge and decided that what the world needs is more aftermarket decals, so I'd like to welcome you all to my new venture - Marmaduke Press.

As most of you perhaps know, my interests tend towards RAF and Commonwealth subjects of the WW2 to post-war era, so it seems a natural step to make decals to go with this - after all there's only so much raiding the decal dungeon to piece together serial numbers and find the right size roundel that a chap can put up with!

I'll make no apologies up front for stating that other nations aircraft will be covered too at some point, as the Finnish airforce and Swedish airforce have always been of interest to me too, but to start with expect things with red or orange, white & blue roundels, Kangaroos, Kiwis, Maple leaves and Springboks.

My preferred scale is 1/48th - so initial releases will be for models in this scale, but never fear my Gentlemen's Scale & Large Scale friends ( and customers I do hope) - I'm aiming to satisfy your urges too.

What do I hope to bring to this ? Well interesting schemes and subjects, decent prices, and as much info a possible. Where we don't know something we'll tell you, and provide a choice.

I hope you'll like my initial release announcement - which I will post here before TELFORD - with aim of decals being available early in the new year. However - if there's a subject you feel is uncatered for, or would be of interest - please do drop me a line here, and I'll see if it's financially viable.

And so - onwards, and hopefully upwards at a meteoric rate!

Jon Tabinor "Jonners"

• Like 8

Good stuff! Best of luck with the venture, and I look forward to seeing what you're going to offer.

Might I suggest some schemes for two-stage Mossies? ;)

J.

Good stuff! Best of luck with the venture, and I look forward to seeing what you're going to offer.

Might I suggest some schemes for two-stage Mossies? ;)

J.

No that is a mighty fine idea....if "only" some enterprising young chap would make some 2 stage resin engines ;)

cheers Jason - I'll take a look

Jonners

• Like 1

No that is a mighty fine idea....if "only" some enterprising young chap would make some 2 stage resin engines ;)

cheers Jason - I'll take a look

Jonners

Well, how about Marmaduke Resin??????

Great to hear about your new adventure! All the best and keep us informed.

A big :thumbsup2: for 2-stage Mosquito's and how about squadron markings for the Meteor, what with Airfix's looming arrival??

Christian, exiled to the sunny, dark place

• Like 1

Hi John. First off I wish you every success with your new venture.

Now the pleading bit ;) ........

I recently treated myself to the Kitty Hawk Jaguar GR.1/3. Nice model (insanely engineered) but with um, rubbish transfers and loads of missing stencilling. I want to do a grey/green RAF example and went to the big H to see what they had. Very little is the answer. Would you therefore contemplate filling the gap sometime?

Good luck once more.

Trevor

Hi John. First off I wish you every success with your new venture.

Now the pleading bit ;) ........

I recently treated myself to the Kitty Hawk Jaguar GR.1/3. Nice model (insanely engineered) but with um, rubbish transfers and loads of missing stencilling. I want to do a grey/green RAF example and went to the big H to see what they had. Very little is the answer. Would you therefore contemplate filling the gap sometime?

Good luck once more.

Trevor

Hi Trevor - the Jag is a little too modern for me at the moment Im afraid. When I say post-war I mean more Vampire/ Venom/ Meteor/ Hunter era Im afraid...

Jonners, already disappointing someone alas

a future suggestion (and perhaps one that will depend on the future release of the subject) is hunter decals in 1/72, for the revell fga9, seems other variants are catered for, but not the fga9

anyway great to have another player on the market, and also glad your not going to ignore the smaller scale like some have chosen, as I have an interest in ww2 and post war commonwealth will be watching with interest

Edited by PhantomBigStu

112 Squadron Hunters might be a welcome subject. I do 1/72, but surely the benighted devils who build larger scales might want them also?

EDIT:

16-1.jpg

Grrrr.

Gets a thumbs up from me too - perhaps a 112 sq. sheet with a few different types?

Jonners

edit: though given a certain P40 that's arriving next year - perhaps this might wait a while.....

• Like 1

Hi Trevor - the Jag is a little too modern for me at the moment Im afraid. When I say post-war I mean more Vampire/ Venom/ Meteor/ Hunter era Im afraid...

Jonners, already disappointing someone alas

Jaguar modern, lol :)

I like the timeframe you've given yourself and no doubt you'll tempt me with something else in due course.

Trevor

My preferred scale is 1/48th - so initial releases will be for models in this scale, but never fear my Gentlemen's Scale & Large Scale friends ( and customers I do hope) - I'm aiming to satisfy your urges too.

What do I hope to bring to this ? Well interesting schemes and subjects, decent prices, and as much info a possible. Where we don't know something we'll tell you, and provide a choice.

With the greatest respect,

shut_up_and_take_my_money-t2.jpg

• Like 4

This is good news. Let me wish you every success with your new venture. I realise you probably already have a release program in place so will refrain from inflicting my immediate desires upon you. It seems your interests overlap mine by a gratifyingly large amount anyway so I'm happy, I've got paypal on standby,

good luck Jonners

spad

Edited by spaddad

I'm liking what I'm seeing here - good luck Jonners.

Now if you could see your way to doing some decals for 1/48th Meteor F.8's I'd be a happy bunny!

Wez

• Like 1

I'm liking what I'm seeing here - good luck Jonners.

Now if you could see your way to doing some decals for 1/48th Meteor F.8's I'd be a happy bunny!

Wez

you mean like this? :)

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234990996-marmaduke-press-decals-our-first-release/

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Just stumbled across this - hope your venture goes well.

Would you contemplate some 1:32 RAAF stuff? I'm thinking of sheets for the Kittyhawk OS2U and Tamiya Mustang - happy to assist with research if required.

I missed the company launch somehow, better late than never!

Hopefully Jon you are the guy to finally release a sheet of modern (post-1995) RAF Tornado schemes in 1/32? :pray:

• 2 months later...

I have absolutely no idea if they'd be financially viable, but how about the training aircraft of the Air Experience/University Air Squadrons? Just thinking the Bulldog's probably too modern, but Tiger Moth, Harvard, Chipmunk would fit. Apart from the Harvard the rest might be a bit limited in 1:48 however judging by the number of people on here who first flew with AEF/UAS they might sell on the nostalgia ticket! Possibly a single sheet with carefully chosen squadron badges might be all that was needed to cover a multiplicity of users?

Edited for inability to spell after 12 hour nightshifts......

Edited by GordonM