Two 1/48 B.o.B. Mk.I Spitfires - Tamiya and Airfix (New Tool) - One now with Wilko's picture frame base

Stix that is just... so... come on, i m totaly speachless....!! There is SO MUCH LIFE in it! We all know your building and painting skills are superb and i m totaly admiring you for it, but what i love most is the atmosphere you can create.. and i like the little details, like the oil spots under nose of the starting spitfire.. great job Stix, great job

• Like 1

Brilliant Stix ! Everything from the backdrop, the aircraft, and the figures, bring it all to life. So atmospheric !!! :goodjob:

BillyD

Hi Billy. Thank you very much for your very kind comments.

Fantastic build love them both. Really well done.

Hi Jusjay. Thank you too for your kind comments.

Top work.

Thank you Marek.

Stunning! Still can't believe you get such a good finish using brushes, and the figures are brilliant too.

Nick

Hi Nick. Thank you very much for your kind comments. The brush finish is all down to learning stuff here on Britmodeller.

All hail the hairy stick :worthy: Fantastic job

Hi Triumph. Thank you! You're very kind.

Stix that is just... so... come on, i m totaly speachless....!! There is SO MUCH LIFE in it! We all know your building and painting skills are superb and i m totaly admiring you for it, but what i love most is the atmosphere you can create.. and i like the little details, like the oil spots under nose of the starting spitfire.. great job Stix, great job

Hi Wolwe. That's very kind of you to say. Thank you.

Absolutely stunning!

Thank you Christer.

Great work! thanks for sharing.

Thank you Dema and no problem!

Thank you all again for all the very kind comments.

When I get chance I will do like sdk_uk has done in his Mig RFI and post some photos of the cockpit while the work was still in progress - making up and detailing the cockpits on Spitfire builds is one of my favorite things.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

As I mentioned above; I thought I would include some photos of the parts of the builds which can no longer be seen as well. I really enjoyed making up all parts of these kits (well perhaps not applying the decals!) but one of my favourite things is working on the cockpits. So here are a few photos showing what can't be seen so well now:

19807582819_8cddc0ec38_c.jpg

19603173564_a76e4bce0e_c.jpg

Cockpit walls - Airfix in front in both photos:

19999148503_94f5e8eb95_c.jpg

19999142853_08914f0384_c.jpg

The Airfix tub:

20610940992_36dee1c69c_c.jpg

20620009395_da236523e4_c.jpg

Finally a photo showing how the Airfix motor fitted inside the Tamiya kit:

20622664088_c1dafd6674_c.jpg

Hope they were of some interest. When I get chance I'll do some more black and white photos.

Thank you for looking.

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 2

The models look great, but the pilot in the first...if you look at his pose, with his left leg raised, means that if he puts his left leg into the cockpit first, he will end up facing the tail of the plane. Surely he would put his right leg in firts?

The figures are well done, but that pose just isn't right - it looks like he's designed to be mounting into a plane from the starboard wing :shrug:

• Like 1

Superb job on the interiors, Stix! :worthy::clap:

A great mix of PE, scratchbuilding/detailing and paint skills!

Ciao

Thank you Giemme. The PE sets do really add to the appearance and it's nice to be able to add other stuff with a bit of scratch-building.

The models look great, but the pilot in the first...if you look at his pose, with his left leg raised, means that if he puts his left leg into the cockpit first, he will end up facing the tail of the plane. Surely he would put his right leg in firts?

The figures are well done, but that pose just isn't right - it looks like he's designed to be mounting into a plane from the starboard wing :shrug:

Thank you Graeme. I see what you mean about the figure. In fact I think that, although Airfix seem to suggest this is a general RAF figure set, they designed and posed the figures with the Hurricane in mind. Troy mentioned in my WIP that the figure with the ammo belt is more suited to how the ammo is loaded in the Hurricane's wing. You can expect these figures to appear with a future Hurricane build at some point!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

I didn't realise that you'd done a RFI as well as the GB gallery all I can say is you've done it again!

I did wonder about the pilot myself, it reminded me of Tony Hancock in Those Magnificent Men etc.( probably before your time. )

Cheers

John

Edited by Biggles87
  • Like 1

"Those magnificent men in their flying machines

They go up diddley up-up, they go down diddley down-down!"

Certainly not before my time (unfortunately!). I loved that film. I was 5 when it came out but I remember loving it when it was on TV over the years. Great fun with an all star cast.

Thank you John.

Hope you're having a great weekend.

Kind regards,

Stix

Absolutely stunning ! Thanks for sharing :)

Thank you 100SQN - that's very kind of you.....and no problem! :thumbsup:

Absolutely stunning!

Thank you very much BOC262.

Fantastic work, really impressive.

Thank you Steve - you are very kind.

Kind regards,

Stix

Fantastic diorama's this make those Spitfires looking very realisgic.

Thank you Janremco - you are very kind.

Cracking work, love it :bouncy:

Thank you Steve!!

Brilliant result and Build love em :goodjob:

Thank you Rob for your kind comments.

Kind regards,

Stix

Outstanding paint brush technique! Beautiful finish!

So at least I know now that in my next life I should be (almost) as good as you are in this one...

I feel happier now.

JR

• Like 1