Wartime Nieuport-Delage

Earlier this year I build a couple of Nieuport-Delage NiD-622s in the French Fancy groupbuild. I also built a Potez 63-11 in wartime camouflage. These colours look really smart and I wondered what an NiD-622 would look like in that scheme.

There are plenty of references to Gloster Gladiators (and even Gauntlets) in wartime camouflage so I thought it might be fun to build this one. What if the Second World War had started three years earlier when most of the combatants were still using biplane fighters?

This will be built from the venerable Heller kit.

ND001.jpg

Sprue shots.

ND002.jpg

ND003.jpg

ND004.jpg

Edited by Enzo Matrix
  • Like 1

The cockpit detail is far simpler than in the modern Azur kits - but there is about 35 years separating them!

ND005.jpg

And the kit builds up quickly to give the distantice manatee-like shapr of the fuselage and tail.

ND006.jpg

ND007.jpg

All primed ready to paint.

ND008.jpg

Liking this - it seems quite strange seeing it in those colours but hey! That's the point of this GB!

I shall be watching with interest :popcorn:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

And we're finished! :yahoo:

The decals came from a variety of sources including squadron markings from an Azur Nid-62 kit.

ND015.jpg

ND016.jpg

ND017.jpg

ND018.jpg

ND019.jpg

ND020.jpg

ND021.jpg

ND022.jpg

Despite being about 35 years old, the Heller kit is still very nice and it stands up well against some of the newer completion such as the Azur kit. Here's one I made earlier... :)

ND023.jpg

• Like 7