The Briegel 1/35 scale mecha

Hi All.

Small update...

I have added the sensor head, with various diameter and lengths of spring to look like armoured cables. Still need to raid the spares box for some suitable sized lenses.

i will pose the crotch turret in the in the same direction as the head, as I figure it would be slaved to the targeting sensors and move with it.

20151110_001004_zpspzmmgt4v.jpg

20151110_000634_zps6bfmsbxw.jpg

20151109_235959_zpsozz3m8k8.jpg

20151110_005529_zpsaqu7gc1w.jpg

Dose anyone else think it bares a passing resemblance to a screem mask???

2015-11-10-00-16-55-1_zpsnrsronva.png

Thanks for looking

Cheers for now...

Charlie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Love the rat's nest of cables behind the head, the posing looks very natural.

I think you're absolutely right about the gun too - there are lots of modern futuristic Japanese touches to the mech design and then the gun rather ignores those. Maybe the Bandai HGBF gatling would be a good option, with some extra bulk and detail?

https://www.hlj.com/product/BAN996731/Gun

I've admired the Briegel from afar but I'm a bit wary about surface quality in resin kits after some very sanding-ey experiences. I'm guessing this one could be a bit rough since it's a hand-made master, but presumably doesn't have any of the 3D printing stepping?

Cheers,

Will

Thankyou Will.

I've built a few forgeworld resin kits in the past, but I'm definitely no expert in resin. And not wanting to put them down, but some of the quality has been bad, huge mould slippage resulting in massive steps in parts, huge bubbles, lots of bits of snot/ruff texture on parts, warping etc. Quality dosent seam to be there strong point though I love some of there designs.

So it was a leap of faith when i ordered the Briegel - but I just had to have one.

But I have been pleasantly surprised by the overall quality of the parts in this kit. You can tell the leg parts are a newer part of the design as the castings are crisper compared to the the rest of the original body that is slightly softer in detail.

I'm not saying it's perfect mind, I guess no resin kit is due to its nature.

But under a coat or three of primer/finished paint/heavy weathering I think it will be passable.

Thanks for the link to hlj, these look just the job but at 1/144 scale maybe be a bit small...but I've ordered 2 anyway.

Thanks for the input its much appreciated.

Cheers Charlie.

• Like 1

Thankyou hope sun. (living in the northeast of England, that should be my name haha)

It's a kewl looking kit, well in my opinion it is, but I realise it's not everyone's cup of tea. And due to the cost its a one off purchase. I'm not sure if it's in production at the moment, but it's sure to be in the future. Keep an eye on the industria mechanika website.

Still got some smaller details to add, smoke discharges, aerials etc. And still can't get the lower part of the cockpit hatch to sit correctly grrrr. And more cables to add to the arms and torso to legs.

So still more to play with...

Cheers Charlie.

Hi everyone, hope your well.

Ive managed to finish the shoulder armour parts, they just slip over the arms and really give them some bulk. I might add some lifting points to it.

20151111_105609_zpsgdb7qqfj.jpg

Without armour...

20151111_105522_zpst3ecq9l8.jpg

And with...

20151111_105340_zpsbenj0fsw.jpg

20151111_115337_zpswkplncwh.jpg

20151111_105243_zps36zkmblr.jpg

Ive also added 3, 5mm magnets to the rear engine cover and corresponding body parts so it can be removed to expose the detail and then placed back with a satisfying click.

20151111_151623_zpsymfbphqx.jpg

I must say sorry for the picture quality, as im only using my phone camera. If im a good boy santa might bring me a camera. any suggestions to a half decent one??

Thanks for looking.

Charlie.

• Like 1

Hi, Vader.

Thankyou, glad your enjoying the build. Tho its on hold at the moment, as on Friday the bloody 13th, I fractured my wrist and radial head in my elbow. Ouch!!

I'm from sunny south shields. Tho not to sunny today.

Cheers Charlie.

• Like 1

Well that's a poor bit of luck. You were saving a runaway pram brimming with octuplets from an oncoming driverless bus weren't you? If so I'll forgive the delay. :P

I only asked ref: location as I myself am, for my sins, located in Blyth. What club, if any are you a part of?

Cheers,

Paul

• Like 1

Hi Paul.

Haha yeah something like that.

No I did it at work. So I'm in plaster for a month. And rattling with all the pain killers I'm taking.

I'm a member of the Washington model club, but must admit I haven't been for a while due to work and family commitments. And I did kind of loose my modeling mojo for a while. Are there any clubs up your way?? Did you go to the show at North tyneside leisure centre this year??

Only been to Blyth a few times had a nice meal in the Sun Inn. Do you know it??

Cheers Charlie

I did yes. I am a somewhat lapsed member of the Tyneside Scale Model Club, as I used to live in Heaton before my exile to the North East's heroin capital, and It was our show a good day as well.

I haven't been in months because it's a trek from here and parking's a nightmare with it being in the centre of town. I've heard there's one in Wallsend that's marginally closer to me and has many more sci-fi loving members. I might look them up.

Don't know of a Sun Inn in Blyth. There's a nice one by that name in Morpeth though.

Hope your arm recovers speedily and well.

Cheers,

Paul

Yes I was there, it was a good day and a good turn out and standard of work.

Yes I know the tyneside club, been a few times as I lived in Gosforth for a few years.

Thankyou for the best wishes regarding my arm.

Yes, my mistake. The Sun Inn is in Morpeth your rite.

Cheers Charlie.

Thankyou John.

I'm right handed and it's my right wrist and elbow that I've fractured. It's sooo strange trying to do things with my left hand, even the most mundane of tasks, not wanting to lower the tone...but try wiping your bottom with your other hand!! It just feels wrong!!

I was really enjoying the kit too, and felt I was making good progress. Then this. But we'll get there.

Cheers Charlie.

• 1 year later...

Charlie I'm all out of 'likes'! That's an incredible mech- I love the whole bulbous, industrial look of it. I'm really digging the wee added springs on the turret and I think lifting points on the heavy armour is a great idea. Looking forward to the next installment... 

Cheers Blastvader.

So many likes...thankyou oileanach.

It's deffo a werid looking mecha...so many different influences go into its design, but it kinda works...i think.

I've just moved house and it's still in storage at the mo. I'm hoping it's survived the move...Can't wait to get back to it.

Cheers Charlie.