GB Chat

AnonymousDFB1

A timely kick, I have run out of space on my shelf of doom.

Currently occupied by

Wildcatfish, Corsair, Hellcat, 2x Bearcat, Spitfire Floatplane, Jaguar, a couple of tanks, The big Airfix Bentley, HMS Furious and a Eggplane Shuttle.

Will start a build thread later this week.

• Like 1

What the heck? You mean I get another chance at finishing the stuff I didn't finish for any of the GBs I entered this year? How cool is that?

Although if memory serves, I didn't manage to finish my KUTA entry last year. Which is really kind of sadmaking innit?

• Like 1

How did I miss this one coming? Anyway I opened the wardrobe and looked in my very small stash and this time did,nt pretend not to

notice the Revell 1/32 Hawk sitting on the shelf.a quick look and this two year old kit only had the seat,s assembled and main

parts cut off the sprue so will have to enter it and finish the damn thing!

Edited by stevej60

I still don't know if I have the mental strength to tackle the warped and pinless wings on that Magister - slowly glueing each side bit by tiny bit...and then on to the fuselage to repeat the process...

Maybe when KUTA XVIII comes along?

had no idea about this GB, briefly got out a perfect subject for this yesterday and had a quick attempt getting it back on track,might give it a proper try now, my KUTA build will be my hasegawa Eurofighter with the missing fin, with attempts to make a revell fin fit onto the fuselage, although I fear it will break rule number 3 judging by yesterdays brief effort

Edited by PhantomBigStu

had no idea about this GB, briefly got out a perfect subject for this yesterday and had a quick attempt getting it back on track,might give it a proper try now, my KUTA build will be my hasegawa Eurofighter with the missing fin, with attempts to make a revell fin fit onto the fuselage, although I fear it will break rule number 3 judging by yesterdays brief effort

As long as the kit is started it's a good one to go with.

I have plenty of likely candidates for this Mish including the four stalled Tornado builds for Merv's memorial GB, and there is an ATR-72 that has had its decals on for about 12 months and will not require a lot of work to complete.

So first on the list will be the Tornado's.

I wasn't aware there was this GB but this is excellent news :)

I have 3 British Phantom builds on hold, which I didn't manage to finish during the Phantom GB. I also have 3 builds going on in the BoB GB and 1 in the Tiger Moth GB, which I won't be able to finish in time (possibly only one will be ready, but it will be difficult). I also have a Fokker Dr. I which was intended to be a quick build but wasn't...

I have threads for all these builds. Would it be possible to move them here when I decide which ones to finish under this GB?

Cheers

Jaime

Funny thing... Up until a couple weeks ago, there were 4 stalled builds on the SOD.

Now there's only 2-one of which was a non-starter in this GB last year.

It'll either be a mustang, or if I can work up the nerves to deal with the ain't on the pucara, it'll be that instead.

K

This will be a first for me, and sounds like a good way to clear the guilty secrets out of my stash. I'm gonna go with my 1/48 Tamiya Mosquito VIFB or is it FBVI?? Shows how long its been since i looked at it! Will aim to start a build thread this week, seeing as i'm finished with my BoB GB entries.

What the heck? You mean I get another chance at finishing the stuff I didn't finish for any of the GBs I entered this year? How cool is that?

Although if memory serves, I didn't manage to finish my KUTA entry last year. Which is really kind of sadmaking innit?

So there's the Tornado, strikemaster, Spits, hurricanes, vg-33, falcon...sheesh, I have the attention span of a five year old on Christmas morning....

Kindred spirits! :speak_cool:

I love KUTA, it signals the time of the year where I can look out at the wasteland that is my garden and not care about it, or about any of the outside jobs I should have done since spring. Nor feel guilty about the multiple unfinished models which were unfinished at the last KUTA.

Co-incidentally I did restart my stalled Tornado build yesterday, was from Merv's memorial GB, so will start a thread for that. Also, was going through some of my late father's stuff and found a FROG Gloster Meteor Mk.4 which he started way back when (probably 1970's) so I could get that finished.

Michael

This is the Frog Gloster Meteor I mentioned above, as well as a Frog de Havilland Vampire. The Meteor appears to be complete, the Vampire is missing the canopy:

IMGP9815size_zpsals4mwgz.jpg

Closer detail of the Meteor:

IMGP9816size_zps6icdtwft.jpg

Would be quite nice to finish something that was started over 35 years ago.

Michael