Swiftly up the Mekong...Revells PCF?

dpm1did1

One of the things I'm missing from my practice builds is a boat or ship.

- after several years with little building I allowed myself 10 before my self critique become self criticism and crying in a cupboard, I'm currently on #8 (i suppose #10 will have to be a choice between an AV or a car...)

Don't fancy going back to tiny Sweeny 700 scale, nor even the less taxing 350s, so I make a shortlist of 72/48/35 kits that won't just the bank or be huuugggeee

eg. Airfix MTB or Rescue launch (or Revell equivalents), Tamiya PBR, Revell PCF.

Anyway today I spotted a nice online price for the PCF and am tempted.

I know it's a old kit with basic internals and details but it's supposed to be a decent effort shapewise and easily upgraded even without using AM parts.

WIPs and references are rather few and far apart though so I was hoping for pointers to decent articles and threads to shorten the search.

Thx in Advance

D.

There's countless pix of the boats externals, precious few of the cabin area, and in the larger scale and with plenty of windows I think a little extra effort could go a long way.

I did stumble across a large scale build that had a removable superstructure that appears to be a good starting point, and then it's the nitty gritty of individualising it.

Saturday tomorrow so off to the market seller first for a nose at the golden oldies, then to The Works to awwnif they have any goodies hidden under the tables, and finally avoiding Antics and Hobbycraft...I'd I'm still unsuccessful I will order the Swift then rather than down the line.

• Like 1

The Works have been pushing Swiftboats for a tenner for months now.

http://www.theworks.co.uk/p/toy-models/revell-us-navy-swift-boat-model-kit/4009803651224

Order before midnight and you will get 10% off, the code offer will come up on screen after a few seconds.

Code is TODAYTEN

Edited by bentwaters81tfw

The Works have been pushing Swiftboats for a tenner for months now.

http://www.theworks.co.uk/p/toy-models/revell-us-navy-swift-boat-model-kit/4009803651224

Order before midnight and you will get 10% off, the code offer will come up on screen after a few seconds.

Code is TODAYTEN

That's the one.

Saw them in the shop a while back but they were no cheaper than fleabay or online where the prices have been static for an eternity.

I do have the Swift on a saved fleabay search (together with far too many others!) but actually found it because I looked at something else and clicked through and it took me away from the site to their own.

Thx for the code, may as well indulge myself as I've been good today so far...(although 2hrs still to go, plus tomorrow's shopping!)

Ordered 2 because...well lets just leave as 'because....' :)

Oddly because it came to exactly £20 + free p&p when I added the code it became - £20...and free p&p.

So I neither gained nor lost :) unless you count the £8+ I would have paid extra anywhere else I have found (usually much more)

...2...!...better clear some space

I have received the kits - or should I say the Gift sets.

2 of these, plus a big box and more air bags than I've seen in many a year (but thankfully no foam chips to escape around the room)

4009803651224_Z.jpg

Once you add in the value of the set as a whole, and the not so subtantial discount over even a bare kit, it definitely works out as a best buy.

Now I just have to clear a spot - well actually as I'm limited for space I may have to clear the lot, namely both the Wellesley (hopefully I'll get the paint I need today to finish it) and the Dornier 28D that I've been experimenting on, plus the associated junk that appears the moment a box is opened.

Edited by dpm1did1