Eduard BF 109 G6 1/48

PanzerG

Hi everybody!

The first pictures of my bf 109. Very nice kit and a great level of details, I added only few wires and 2-3 other things.

I hope you will like it! :)

scratch%20gauche_zps3jrbczpq.jpg

scrath%20droit_zpsjntmvhoq.jpg

scrath_zpswanijvqu.jpg

The painted cockpit in the next post.

Edited by PanzerG
photos links
  • Like 3

And last but not least :winkgrin:

demi%20cockpit_zpsgxrv2epq.jpg

tableau%20de%20bord_zpsvi1udsd1.jpg

I'm sorry, I shot these pictures with my phone because it gave me better results than my canon... so they are not as good as I want. However they can show the details-and the little dust!!-enough! I'm thinking about tinkering a home made studio one day!

I preferred to use the plastic part for the instrument panel, the PE one doesn't represent the relief as well. Just my point of view! I did only the minimum for the right side of the cockpit behind it.

Waiting for your remarks, advice and rebukes :rolleyes:

See you

Edited by PanzerG
picture links
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all!

Work still in progress. Slowly but surely :whistle:

monteacute%20gauche_zpsevi2puji.jpg

monteacute%20droit_zps6mgsbzow.jpg

Ready to paint!

See you

Edited by PanzerG
picture links
  • Like 2

WhIch scheme are you going to do, there are a few issues with the supplied colour schemes as I remember it. There is at least one ERLA built G6 in their selection (IIRC option A with the fir tree pattern on the wings) but of course no bits to make one. And I think one of the other options is an amalgam of 2 separate aircraft.

Duncan B (who spent today decaling his Eduard G6)

Nice work, looking forward to seeing the rest of the build.

• Like 1

Thanks AndrewE!

DuncanB, I am gonna do an"exotic"one not in the profipack box. One clue: it's a neighbour which produce cheese, chocolate and jewelry :-)

• Like 1

Lots of red and white stripes I'm guessing! I look forward to seeing that.

My G6 is decaled along with the ICM and Hasegawa F4s that I've been building at the same time. I have to cover the decals with some clear gloss then I can start weathering them all. The Eduard kit looks really fat compared to the other 2.

Duncan B

No white and red stripes, it's gonna be the paint scheme before they were applied. (Before spring 1945 if I remember well). In order to keep a little bit the classic german style :-)

• 2 months later...

Hi everybody, happy new year!!

I apologize for this too long break, November was really busy at work so I couldn't paint when I want. December was softer and now I'm still on holidays so things are going faster than they have never gone on my bf 109 since the beginning of this model.

No more words, some pics now... when I would have find how to post pictures with my tablet...Aarrrh!!!

• Like 1

Thanks a lot jinxman, but I am trying to post the pictures directly on the topic. I think my tablet is booking a flight through the window.

Mazeltoooov!! It works! So another picture before going to bed:

cellule%20dessus%20appret%20blanc_zpsnyk

Tomorrow I will post pictures of pre-shading, swiss roundels and first paint coat.

I am really sorry but I am not really skilly with my tab 3, so I prefer to stop for tonight before any cataclysm with this "saloperie"(wow! What rude this word seems :-) )

Good night!

Edited by PanzerG
picture links
  • Like 1

Hello!

For the chipping, I first airbrush a coat of rlm 02 gunze, I airbrush shadows with pure black and I highlight details with brush and pure white, and then I make first chipping with pure black, using brush and sponge. After that I spray another thin coat of rlm 02 ( to let previous work shows through)and I work on chipped areas with prince august 822, using brush and sponge a new time. I don't make the exactly same chipping to play with differences of colours. Itwas the first time I tried this and I was very happy with the end result! :-)

• Like 1

cocardes%20dessous_zps27ntodii.jpg

I used montex masks and it is real great quality products!

The nose is yellow. Some pictures and profiles of the bf 109 with J-708 number show that and I find it more funny than just rlm 76.

I go back to the priming of the model: I made it with tamiya ts26 glossy white using the airbrush, and it was not really a good idea. The surface is perfect but it has very low coverage power...so it doesnt hide well differences between mastic, mr surfacer and plastic. Happily the model doesn't really need it, or just on some minor points!