Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-6/AS 1/72 Kitbash

Nowadays with the upcomming AZ-Model, we will have an easy way to build a Bf 109 G-6/AS.

But a while ago there was no AS Version available and so I did a kitbash, using the fuselage of Revells G-10 and the wings of Academys G-6 togehter with PE cooler-flaps from Eduard.

Additionally I repositioned the landing flaps and the elevator.

Revells G-10 was partialy rescribed, it got a new propeller from quickboost, and I reworked the oilcooler, the MG openings, the supercharger inlet and gave her a CMK Resin Cockpit

The 109 is painted with Gunze Acrylics in RLM 75/83/73. Weathering was done with several airbrushed shadings and oil colors.

It shows a JG 4 plane from the 4. Gruppe/ 13. Staffel flown by Uffz Friedrich Zenk.

6634376436326139.jpg

3138643731313831.jpg

3339663337616135.jpg

6461656263373330.jpg

3161303637633838.jpg

• Like 18

Very convincing rendition indeed! Excellent modelling.

Two very minor nitpicks: The Revell fuselage has a spurious curved row of 'rivets' (?) on the engine cowling sides. It seems that the toolmaker didn't realise that the dotted line on Beaman's drawings of the 'refined cowl' is just an indication of the bulge shape, not a portrayal of visible rivets – since there were none. ;-) Revell's 'dots' are best filled with Mr Surfacer or similar.

And since you went to the trouble of cutting out the control surfaces to such good effect, you might have given the ailerons the same treatment – with the flaps fully deployed, they should in fact droop by some 11°, IIRC.

Splendid and inspiring model!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

@ joachim: Thanks for the hints. Regarding the rivets, I heared about this just a few days after it was finished. I would have been easy to fill them if I had known this.

I was not aware that the ailerons could be dropped with the flaps. I know that bigger planes like the Ju 88 or the He 219 could do this. So thanks for the info