Fantasy Kit World - If Only...

Kiwikitbasher

I hope as a newcomer I've posted this in the most appropriate place. It was posted by Al Bowie on HyperScale, but I thought some may enjoy it here too if it has not been posted before:

This Fantasy Kit site with really well done mock-ups of box-art. Mainly Airfix, but a large number of Matchbox and others.

https://www.facebook.com/fantasykitworld

• Like 6

Me want the Matchbox Learjet 45 & C-124 and the Airfix Britannia, Brabazon, Andover & C-141 oh and also the ESCI FGR.2 Phantom!

Paul Harrison

• 5 months later...

Probably the same trouble he had before. Moron's kicking up about how he was "misleading" people despite it clearly having the FKW logo and the whole premise being clearly stated. To quote Rimmer "Like German tourists, the stupid are everywhere..." :rolleyes:

I'm sorry but this really annoys me, Facebook doesn't seem to have a problem with violence against humans and animals, sex and nudity but if you dare post a clearly marked mock up of a model kit the whole group gets dumped!! Mind you when someone who gets caught looking at illegal pictures gets 2 months and someone who commits fraud against the government gets 8 years I think we can clearly see what's more important in life.

That's a shame!

sorry to hear about that and thanks for the dreams fantasy kit world has brought in these months.

It recalled me when I was 18, in 1982 and I discovered a shop that opened again after it went burn in the '60s.

From time to time they put on sale long forgotten boxes like aurora and the like, some boxtops that I did not see at all in my youth.

I managed to purchase a Monogram balsa and celluloyd Mig 15, a Frog Rotodyne, some Aurora aircraft, old S series Revell missiles a Lindberg B 58 and many more were left to other lucky customers.

But what is left is the excitation to discover a world of forgoten possibilities and fantasy-kit-world was thsi for me above all.

I hope that it repops somewhere

It would be great to have a thread here with his artwork

It could also be that the group has been made private and it would be great to have some way to enter it

Edited by ermeio

I don't follow Facebook so had no idea this site even existed and can't see the point of it . . . .

but thank you so much for publicising it here, it's absolutely epic!!! Can't get my face straight now.

Really makes you think - a lot of those kits would have been "must-haves"! Just the thought of a 1/72 Yak-9 from Matchbox makes me weak in the knees - I'll take a dozen of them! (And for those who think MB kits were, let's say, unsophisticated, you should see what I'm struggling with now - the ICM/Alanger/Encore Yak-9T...)

John

• Like 1

Wasp HAS.1 <insert emoji for 'drooling' here>

And two versions of the Hendon..

Brilliant. Thanks for flagging this link up.

Tony

Edited by TheBaron