Ukrainian Su-25 Frogfoot

Muzz

No worries re mask stuff, spares for me should, yknow, just in case, on the off chance.... the Eduard ones arent a great fit. ;)

Ah, the holy grail, the Eduard kit! Some nice extras, think the Eduard masks will be good.

I had KP masks with there UB kit, grey coloured vinyl style but they didn't fit well at all.

Holy grail? Now Im even more frightened of it. I may be wrong, it came in a plain white box with all sorts of extras in it - http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234983955-photos-added-148-su-25-extras-mig-21smt-ground-crew-f-104-decals-more-last-chance-before-selling/scroll down for pics. Sorry for the hijacking, but maybe you can shed some light on just what it is I have?

It's this kit https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=eduard+su-25+frogfoot&client=safari&hl=en-gb&prmd=ivn&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&fir=SUkMhLiUld5phM%253A%252CHoM4aZNRMMmEcM%252C_%253BadYcDhL_9HmSXM%253A%252CZibQ1F4M8FIZrM%252C_%253BuVPL7Rp6_TGU9M%253A%252CNIFu-uFM1hxsKM%252C_%253B67q9iw8eK8xz4M%253A%252CNehIecJiJ_OZAM%252C_%253BpYjFY9UNnuIqBM%253A%252CnTzW5LDb6mQQZM%252C_%253BFt0Cx23NMYpJXM%253A%252CZibQ1F4M8FIZrM%252C_%253B3f3Jt6qiUZLueM%253A%252CSP9hzTS0UZ5NGM%252C_%253B9Hbw4yNow0fluM%253A%252Cu2ZWRjoFCv_c2M%252C_%253BBhrdc4SbwB6e7M%253A%252CI5uRlETSvcxKEM%252C_%253Bnh0l38PKIDpZMM%253A%252C26mteQEajvD4OM%252C_&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjz64L4nqrJAhXJuxQKHfBOCrwQ7AkIGw&biw=1024&bih=672&usg=__HLZ2aImCG6Z_UEWu0jN48aj8zww%3D#imgrc=FJkEJpTrl4sS3M%3A&usg=__HLZ2aImCG6Z_UEWu0jN48aj8zww%3D

It should come with resin extras such as ejection seat, chaff/flare dispensers and rocket pods plus fairly extensive decal options. If it's in a blank white box it might be an offer Eduard were doing when they released the kit whereby if you bought one you could get a second "overtrees" kit for not a lot of money. They done this when they released some of the Mig-21 kits, it's basically a kit without the extras, possibly without decals, resin or even instructions. That's an impressive amount of AM you have!

Muzz

years ago i had a chinese copy,i think by galaxy.i sought this out after reading it was much better than the oez,but was actually the same kit!also tried the monogram;a much easier build,but i think it looked far too refined,it lacked that agricultural-based on a tractor feel

Headrest seats with parachute,use from Eduard seat. This is the second seat what I sent.Ukraine uses the newer type K-36L, type the ART model is an older type used in Czechoslovakia. Has a different parachutes and therefore the shape is different.

• Like 1

Headrest seats with parachute,use from Eduard seat. This is the second seat what I sent.Ukraine uses the newer type K-36L, type the ART model is an older type used in Czechoslovakia. Has a different parachutes and therefore the shape is different.

Thanks Jozef, I've not started on he seat yet so just as well.

Some more updates, got a lot of the PE added, using both the Eduard set and the Part set as they both have some nice bits of detail....

2a39046b-7ce1-48d2-b540-c7bdef24dffd.jpg

Filling in some panel lines on the nose that aren't on the real aircraft, this area is actually flat spots on the fuselage panels but have been represented as panel lines on the kit.

80b5072c-0ab5-4708-966b-37e2c0ca8599.jpg

Main wings on as are the intake lips which are seperate parts and have to be blended into the fuselage with some Mr Surfacer.

20151128_151859.jpg

The under fuselage PE, you can see a gap at the rear of the nose undercarriage bay, this is because I've moved the whole be further forward so that the nose gear leg sits in the correct position. The gap at the rear of the wheel bay wont be visible as the main nose wheel door is going to be in the closed position as it usually is when on the ground. I've drilled out some holes in the lower fuselage including the one just below the intake lip surrounded by PE.

20151128_152728.jpg

• Like 3

Very well, but forgot the camera on the nose! :winkgrin:

I've still to get round to that! The wheel bays aren't finished yet either, some tidying up needing done and pipes added.

• Like 1

Some more work done between proper work and risking my life climbing on the roof to put Christmas lights up!

Cockpit dash, HUD unit installed.

20151202_202356.jpg

I cut the one piece main undercarriage doors into the required 3 pieces for the open doors. The fit is pretty bad on the doors hat are in the closed position and quite a bit of cutting and test fitting is required to get something close to a decent fit, ended having to make a new starboard side door out of plastic sheet. This is just the doors placed roughly and not glued into position. Once the gear legs in there and the other open doors added not much will be seen (I hope).

20151130_142230.jpg

20151130_142220.jpg

Forward canopy masked and in place and the fin/rudder has been added, always tricky this as there's no locating tabs.

20151203_162147.jpg

Also been working on the external tanks, took a pair from the GWH Mig-29 kit and cut them down to the right size, far better detail and fins etc.

20151203_195304.jpg

• Like 1

you say it took a lot of work to fit the doors in the open position, how did the door fit in the closed position. this may be one for the in-flight treatment when i do it. :(

you say it took a lot of work to fit the doors in the open position, how did the door fit in the closed position. this may be one for the in-flight treatment when i do it. :(

The doors come as a one piece unit so if you're doing it wheels up you have that advantage. You will need to trim them down as they don't fit in the area of the wheel bay, because the doors have the curve of the bottom of the intakes it might be easier said than done. I found it easier to cut the doors up into separate pieces and trimmed each door to fit individually, as I say, the two doors you can see above in the photo's are in the closed position. Good luck :winkgrin:

Very helpful photos and info, its of use to me is that.

Aside from the tanks which do look rather nice, what else is going on? Lots of rocket pods? :)

I just noticed this thread and it looks like the build is coming along nicely.

I have some photos I took of the wheel wells of an SU-25, do you think you might still have a use for them or are you done with that area of your model?

Also been working on the external tanks, took a pair from the GWH Mig-29 kit and cut them down to the right size, far better detail and fins etc.

the Frogfoot can also use the bigger GWH 1150l tanks! but the 800l you made out of them are also fine :)

• Like 1

Very helpful photos and info, its of use to me is that.

Aside from the tanks which do look rather nice, what else is going on? Lots of rocket pods? :)

I'm planning on the tanks, a S-25 OFM Rocket on each side followed by a Fab-250 bomb and then an air to air adaptor on the outer pylon with or without missiles. Don't really see any photos with air to air so probably without.

I just noticed this thread and it looks like the build is coming along nicely.

I have some photos I took of the wheel wells of an SU-25, do you think you might still have a use for them or are you done with that area of your model?

Please post any photos you have Upnorth, might add some more to these bays but if not this won't be my last Su-25 and I know there's others here who'd appreciate them.

Muzz

Here's an album of some Su-25 shots I've taken. They are all former Czech air force machines which were retired in the 1998-2000 timeframe:

http://imgur.com/a/0JM4i

The aforemantioned landing gear deatil shots are in there plus several others. I hope they will be helpful.

Nice page with good photos, but ... If you want the real Su-25 must not work according photos the Czech and Slovak Sukhois.

Visible difference in the ailerons. Different series were different the rear fuselage, ailerons, lights on the undercarriage.

Photos bays that are on that page are for Su-25. A double version UB a single seat BM, has a wholly different bays.

Also there are details such as armor electronics cover on nose, different location el. blocks in the nose, and many more ... :winkgrin: