Trumpeter 1/48th scale Sea Hornet

Hi All,

Following on in quick succession from my Airfix Wildcat posted last week, I would like to present another navel aircraft to make number 12 for the year to date.

Its the much maligned Trumpeter Sea Hornet.( well some one had to build it!)

Built out of the box with kit decals, all things considered an easy built with good fit experienced through out the build,

Finished with Humbrol 123 for the upper surface grey and Hataka sky (went on really well, when well shaken and thinned with their own brand thinners) and a little weathering to finish.

It makes a good companion for the Attacker I made a while back.

Enjoy the pics

As always comments welcome,

Rick G.

zSdmbN.jpg

nRSJOk.jpg

c7YzfT.jpg

oN2Fob.jpg

• Like 33

Nice job and well done on the handed propeller blades,.....was that mentioned in the instructions this time or did you modify them yourself?

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Nice job and well done on the handed propeller blades,.....was that mentioned in the instructions this time or did you modify them yourself?

Cheers

Tony

Thanks Tony

The instructions give you the info on the props but if you're not paying attention its easy to miss and they are molded together to complicate things.

You have to use 2 blades from each spruce.

RG

Hi All,

Following on in quick succession from my Airfix Wildcat posted last week, I would like to present another navel aircraft to make number 12 for the year to date.

Its the much maligned Trumpeter Sea Hornet.( well some one had to build it!)

Built out of the box with kit decals, all things considered an easy built with good fit experienced through out the build,

Finished with Humbrol 123 for the upper surface grey and Hataka sky (went on really well, when well shaken and thinned with their own brand thinners) and a little weathering to finish.

It makes a good companion for the Attacker I made a while back.

Enjoy the pics

As always comments welcome,

Rick G.

zSdmbN.jpg

Very nice build sir. This is the first one of the NF.21 mark I have seen built. I look forward to seeing more of these at Telford.

Yes, there are dimensional errors, but you can't fault the moulding quality and fit/finish of this kit.

I have measured the 1/48 scale Trumpeter Hornet F1 kit and the following are true:

• Fuselage is 2.6mm too wide.
  • Fuselage length is 6mm too short.
  • Cockpit and canopy would need moving 5mm forward to put it in the correct position.
  • The undercarriage legs and bays are ~5mm too far forward.
That said, this NF.21 kit disguises these issues with the light/dark paint scheme very well. Sadly, the plainer schemes on the F1/F3 accentuate these points, especially the width of the fuselage. Edited by David A Collins
  • Like 3

I'm no expert on dimensions but it looks good to me. The only down side for me are those ailerons. I know they are molded like that but I think if I got one I would scratch some and probably do it all wrong anyway.

• Like 1