1:72 AW Argosy - Mach 2

Rob P

Check out my Savage build, around page 5 I start another for a customer... so little pics from there on, but it is due an update soon on the second kit. It is worse than mine but I've sorted all the main fit issues.

Linky

;)

Hi Radleigh, Thank you very much for the personal reply and link which I have viewed - That's what I call proper modelling - Skills I don't have and you do, loved reading about the build ! Yes. it has put me off abit, but, I do like the A.W. Argosy, so, may take a chance on this one. Also, thank you for the video too of an Argosy flying, much appreciated, kind regards Colin.

Thank you very much for your reply and link - I have read and must say that I am a little put off, both you and Radleigh have wonderful modelling skills, which I appreciate and will learn from - I'm more of an OOB guy and kit basher, although I would quite like an A.W. Argosy in my collection, so, maybe I will and have ago at building one up. Model filler is allways my downfall!! Thank you for your time in replying to me, kind regards Colin.

• Like 1

Hannants have updated the links with the price plus the usual pre-order 10% off offer. So the RRP appears to be £45, although that price may be less at the show.

To me I class that as affordable for a limited run injection kit of that size of a subject unlikely to be covered by a mainstream supplier and half the price of a resin equivalent, so I'll still be buying one if not two as some interesting projects now possible using this as a base kit.

• Like 5

Hannants have updated the links with the price plus the usual pre-order 10% off offer. So the RRP appears to be £45, although that price may be less at the show.

To me I class that as affordable for a limited run injection kit of that size of a subject unlikely to be covered by a mainstream supplier and half the price of a resin equivalent, so I'll still be buying one if not two as some interesting projects now possible using this as a base kit.

£45 for what is afterall a large kit made in small numbers is indeed a good price. I'll have to search a couple of French online shops and see what they ask

• Like 1

:yikes: I still have nightmares about the Mach 2 Valiant and DC-4!! however, for an Argosy.............................................!!!!! Prozac and a bottle of Isle of Jura 10 year old malt on standby! :lol:

Allan

• Like 4

It's a good price, the Seamaster and Caravelle are now £54 each, and just think of the hours of enjoyment modelling pleasure you will get from it compared with Tamigawa, and they would charge more! I'm having one in Transport Command colours, to go with my S&M Haystack. :heart:

I agree £45 is very reasonable for a kit of this size, personally I'm looking forward to it . As Geoff says there are several unflown projects that can be realised using this as a base kit...

a subject unlikely to be covered by a mainstream supplier

Like with the Valiant though Geoff, S*%s law's bound to strike !

4 versions seems a little odd but hey ho! Wonder if they will take back my unbuilt Valiant as part ex ? please!!!

Hi Gary, Now I am worried :yikes: - Just ordered my A.W. Argosy at the big H - You may have read my postings on here. I will give the kit ago when it arrives, kind regards, Colin.

Hi Gary, Now I am worried :yikes: - Just ordered my A.W. Argosy at the big H - You may have read my postings on here. I will give the kit ago when it arrives, kind regards, Colin.

Live in hope - those old Mach 2 releases were 15 years ago I'd like to think anything new will be of better quality.....