1/144 Lockheed Tristar, Eastern Express RELEASED

Pin

Well, maybe we could all agree that those decals that you're linking at do look nice [and I only point at the cockpit piece] from a specific angle. The picture in your link is showing THAT angle brilliantly.

Unfortunately, as you move your head around the nose of the aircraft the nicely printed details just cannot keep up the pace with... 'reality' :)

Clear parts it is for me also (or plain black window [silver framed where applicable] decals) but it's nice to have a choice :thumbsup2:

Well, maybe we could all agree that those decals that you're linking at do look nice [and I only point at the cockpit piece] from a specific angle. The picture in your link is showing THAT angle brilliantly.

Unfortunately, as you move your head around the nose of the aircraft the nicely printed details just cannot keep up the pace with... 'reality' :)

Clear parts it is for me also (or plain black window [silver framed where applicable] decals) but it's nice to have a choice :thumbsup2:

Exactly. Clear parts are miniature versions of the real thing. The real thing aren't bits of coloured paper.

• Like 2

Exactly. Clear parts are miniature versions of the real thing. The real thing aren't bits of coloured paper.

No and the real aircraft isn't a hollow tube of injection moulded plastic either. At the end of the day the only thing that matters is whether the person who built the model is pleased with it or not.

• Like 2

No and the real aircraft isn't a hollow tube of injection moulded plastic either. At the end of the day the only thing that matters is whether the person who built the model is pleased with it or not.

Yes but a small clear plastic window is a damn sight more similar to a clear perspex or glass window than a piece of coloured paper. If you prefer decals ok but to say that they're just as realistic as tiny little plastic windows just simply isn't true.

...but to say that they're just as realistic as tiny little plastic windows just simply isn't true.

"Truth" has nothing to do with anything. It's a matter of personal opinion in which your opinion is as valid as mine and vice-versa.

Oh dear its become clear plastic windows vs. Decal window bashing time. I know my preference and its the easy life for me.

Meanwhile how about this new L-1011 having RAF decals???

• Like 3

Oh dear its become clear plastic windows vs. Decal window bashing time. I know my preference and its the easy life for me.

Meanwhile how about this new L-1011 having RAF decals???

Well it won't have Royal Air Farce decals to begin with but if EE produce the 500 series then there is every chance they'll add those decals (with or without window decals...)

"Truth" has nothing to do with anything. It's a matter of personal opinion in which your opinion is as valid as mine and vice-versa.

Well it is the truth. A piece of coloured paper just isn't as realistic as clear plastic when it comes to replicating a pane of glass or perspex. If you prefer decals then fair enough but I don't think there's any comparison to some well done little plastic windows.

• 1 month later...

Court Line and B-CAL would be nice

Allan

Court Line yes, but B-Cal didn't use Tristars (unless we include the Caledonian charter company formed after the merger with BA) they used the DC-10. Sorry not trying to be picky or know it all.

Now a new injection moulded DC-10 would be very welcome...

• Like 1

Court Line and B-CAL would be nice

Allan

Court Line decals for both G-BAAA and G-BAAB are already available from Ray at 26 - I used them when I built G-BAAB from the Welsh kit. Ray also has a number of other schemes including Eastern, TAP, PSA, BA (two liveries) and Air Canada.

Nazca also do several liveries including Saudia, LTU and four different versions of Faucett.

Authentic Airliners have just released "photo real" window decals for the Tristar. I have a set on order for retrofitting to my model of G-BAAB.

• 1 month later...

Court Line yes, but B-Cal didn't use Tristars (unless we include the Caledonian charter company formed after the merger with BA) they used the DC-10. Sorry not trying to be picky or know it all.

Now a new injection moulded DC-10 would be very welcome...

You're right. My error. No apology needed :D. New DC-10 would be nice. Total agreement here.

Allan

Given Otaki's go for £100s, are as rare as hen's teeth, are the best Tristar kits ever made and will never be made again, I am kind of content to take an EE knock off variant in preference to the alternatives.

• Like 1