A Valiant Attempt (1/72 Suez Crisis Airfix Valiant)

Go on PC - you'll be disappointing many people. They'll tune in expecting something awful, something with which they might threaten their children, but will hear very cultured tones. I have heard some really horrid Chicago area accents in my day, but that is not you. Flat twang indeed!

• Like 1

No photos, but more progress. I added the little intake, and all of the (very frustrating) PE vortex generators. Much easier earlier, but of course they're astride the fin flash, so one can't really add them until it's added. This was probably another bright idea from the sadist who spread the Hawker Hunter's underwing serials over about eight MLG doors.

Anyway, this kit is almost done-zo. There are one or two more decals to add (what I believe to be radiotransparent covers for bomb-aiming radar on the underbelly...and then dullcoat. Very excited.

• Like 5

Tripple dare, (or more...) and as we are going all Greek;

Αυτή θα μπορούσε να εξετάσει όλες τις μελλοντικές - ish και Dan Dare , αλλά το σύστημα προσγείωσης είναι σίγουρα πεζών .

Χριστιανός, εξόριστος στην Αφρική

I purchased Jaffa Cakes for my office -- they're a big hit!

I did a day trip to France today and purchased some Cherry Jaffa Cakes (well supermarket own-brand) that have white chocolate on the top.

Much as it pains me to say it, French jaffa cakes are better than the original.

Edited to correct spelling.

Edited by Beard
  • Like 1

Beard! What would Lord Nelson say?

He was partial to Génoises (as our French chums, and one time foe, call them), what do you think the Battle of the Nile was for?

Edited to correct spelling. My phone used 'Nike' rather than 'Nile'.

Edited by Beard
  • Like 1

He was partial to Génoises (as our French chums, and one time foe, call them), what do you think the Battle of the Nike was for?

Well surely the Génoise is a sort of Italian pastry, though, and if Lady Hamilton proves one thing, it's that he loved a bit of tart in Sardinia...

• Like 3

Well surely the Génoise is a sort of Italian pastry, though, and if Lady Hamilton proves one thing, it's that he loved a bit of tart in Sardinia...

So they are... I've learnt something.

Edited by Beard

I should add, not Sardinia. For some reason I thought that instead of the Due Sicilie.

I was going to say 'Kingdom of the Two Sicilies' but didn't want to show off, especially as I didn't notice my phone had changed 'Nile' to 'Nike'.

I have to agree with Beard that the French Jaffa cakes ( can't remember what they're called at the moment ) are better. A friend brought some Jaffa cakes over a couple of years ago and I have to say I was disappointed

Nicely done on the Valiant PC, I have to say that I was surprised at the size comparison, I thought that the Valiant would be bigger.

Cheers

John

Also, it appears my workplace is undergoing a re-org, as some important muckety-mucks are leaving us. If, uh, you know anyone in the British Isles who wants to import an American social media manager, you let me know...