A Valiant Attempt (1/72 Suez Crisis Airfix Valiant)

See I luckily have the opposite to you both as most would agree I pip my dad in the looks department... Including my wife.... But looking at the man its not much of an accolade.... That said he was a looker in his youth my mum informs me? Is she to be trusted? Wife's do get blinded by personality do they not!?

Deb I am with you on the male pc line being distinct!

Rob

Edited by rob85
  • Like 1

I was going to say eyes and brow.... But now you mention the jug ears!....

I do have a remarkably heavy brow, as does Winston. When he gives me Glasgow kisses, my eyes water.

• Like 4

In the "Who can yawn widest" competition Young Winston (where have I see THAT before?) wins hands down

I reckon you are a very lucky man with your family PC, no matter how cynical I sometimes feel having a good dad solves many of life's ills ;)

Dad looks like fun

:thumbsup2:

• 2 weeks later...

12366386_1088188447872633_58801571851988

12360148_1088188407872637_21101752339215

1916998_1088188394539305_787451612251441

11207318_1088188381205973_75377098352032

10547654_1088188367872641_20979343746329

10334262_1088188354539309_60024631692281

I've been displaying of late a marked disinterest in what people feel about what needs to be done, as opposed to what the end result needs to be, which is one of those things we do when we feel like we're being tough-minded and goal-oriented but are really feeling weak and seek to exert control over our situation by the ham-handed application of casual cruelty. In any case, Mrs. P decamped with Procopius Minor for the day as a result, and though she quickly returned when she realized leaving me at home without the baby was hardly a punishment (when I was a child, my parents would send me to my room -- okay, that's where my books are), I got a little done today.

Yes, Mrs. P and I talked things over, we do that. We are more or less adults.

Also, here is New Soviet Man with Newer Soviet Man:

12376167_1084541471570664_39662025414776

• Like 11

Hey PC! :) Looking very 'Clark Kent' in that shot... Winston looks pretty happy too.

Glad you got some time on the Valiant (that 'pit looks really good) and, of course, that you've sorted things out with Mrs P although, since you got some modelling in, I'm in two minds...

How are the knees?

• Like 1

Welcome to parenthood Edward, at risk of depressing you, the whole priorities thing is with you for a while yet, my youngest is 14 going on 15 & I still get "discussion" as to what I should be doing versus what I am doing. My Rhino skin is getting tougher though.

Take care & a Happy wotsit to you. Mrs P & Master P.

Steve.

• Like 1

looking at these shots, I am drawn to the backgrounds. For the Valiant, a massive stash ( cool ), for the dad and baby, Christmas wrapping posing as artwork (obviously not ) - but good to hear from you.

• Like 2

Very nice work there mr p, she is looking a treat! That cockpit, is very nice indeed.

Looking very cool in your winston pic, as is he!

I too was drawn to the background and the Christmas wrapping paper at art.... Nice

Rob

• Like 1

No, I'd say not

If you put a pencil mark on the tail of the real one it would be in the same place as yours

Don't forget to fill the slight gap under yon fin though

I'd be obliged if you didnt ask me why I have mentioned it

"Werry obleeged Mr Pc Werry obleeged"

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Happy Christmas or whatever else you may or may not celebrate -- hopefully, regardless of what you believe or don't believe in, you got presents. We are on generator power up here at my in-laws' house in rural Michigan, so it's a taste of what Christmas after nuclear war might be like -- I am rationing my remaining battery life.

In any case, in case the power fails totally and we descend into barbarous savagery here and I get eaten by my family, happy holidays to you all -- Britmodeller has been an especially wonderful part of my life this year, and I've benefited enormously from knowing most, if not all of you -- and the people I haven't benefitted from don't post in my threads anyhow, so ha-ha. It's been my great pleasure to know all of you in 2015, and I look forward to 2016, especially if I can get downstairs to my workroom at some point. May the (Royal Air) Force be with you*.

481153_1091770874181057_1769081931345794

* I have not watched the new Star Wars movie, and inshallah, I never will. The original three were enough for me, and I don't think anyone could come up with a more satisfying prequel or sequel to them than the ones I imagined for myself as a boy.

• Like 15

I am totally with you on Star Wars. I haven't seen the three "prequels" (and probably never will), and am very doubtful about whether to bother with the new Disney rebirth. Sometimes you should just let classics lie (though I accept that won't make you much money). Would the world have been a significantly worse place if, say, the Clash had stopped at London Calling?

Happy Christmas to all fellow BM-ers.

• Like 2

Merry Christmas from the States.

I went to the new Star Wars movie for the 2nd time on Christmas Eve (prezzie for the girl friend and her family). It is a good flick and ranks up there with the original 3 IMHO but still did not beat that feeling back in 1977 watching that Star Destroyer take up the screen in the opening. Still, much better than 1-3.

Looks like lil Winston has inherited some light bedtime story books. Never too early to start an appreciation of history I say.

Great line from a Two and a Half men rerun I saw last week.

"It is a great company, it is a father - son affair."

"So was pre war Iraq"

Is there snow in rural Michigan PC? If there is, show us a pic as its relentlessy raining in sodden (I said sodden!!) South Wales and the only white Christmas we got was the millionth re-run of the ancient Bing Crosby/Danny Kaye flick............ :pipe::sleeping:

Anyway, hope you had a great family day for young Winston's first Christmas, & that you all have a Happy, Safe & Peaceful New Year - with maybe a bit more sleep!!

Keith