New Company with a New ZSU-23-4M in 1:35

Mike

Soviet ZSU-23-4M/3
1:35 HongModel

boxart.jpg

New company HongModel have been in touch to tell us about their new product that they're launching soon. The Shilka is a Soviet era Self-Propelled Radar-Guided Anti-Aircraft platform that showers its enemy with 23mm shells from four barrels once it has a radar lock. The M was an upgraded system with a new loading system and some improvements in longevity, which seem to have paid off because they are still in use with a great many of their operators, including the Russian Marines, and more germane to current events, Syria. Due to its fearsome rate of fire it garnered the nickname Sewing Machine, or Zeus.

Enough of the background waffle, here are a bunch of pictures of a test shot, which promises plenty of detail, and a step up from the old Dragon kit of yore. You can build either the 4M or 4M3, and there is the promise of more to come in due course.

boxtop.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

You can follow them on Facebook here

• Like 9

Not a 'Trackie' at all, neither am I a fan of Russian stuff, but I did have a thing for small dioramas featuring the Flakvierling that Tamiya make in 1/35.

The kit looks superb though! Maybe.....

Very nice! Although my main interest is aircraft I've been thinking about doing a ZSU-23/4 for a while, in memory of the time I spent helping arrange logistic support of the couple of examples the RAF operate up at the Spadeadam electronic warfare range. (Obtained very second hand via the former East German Army.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ten new photos have been posted on their Facebook Page showing one built up, and it looks rather nice :) It's even got some interior details included in the box, which is nice. Anyone up for sculpting a a re-arming set of figures? :wicked:

Count on me, as it's one of my favourite place on the forum.

By the way, I've just seen that there are already some decals available from Johan's Star decals, with one or two sheets dedicated to Northern Alliance vehicles, including SPAAG.

• 2 weeks later...