Airfix 1/48th Scale British Figures

Niall

A while ago I got the Airfix 1/48th scale British infantry set.

I was disappointed that there was no SA80 with the 40mm grenade launcher, torch/laser pointer for the SA80 and all SA80's has SUSAT's and not the new sights. After leaving them for a while in case an after market manufacturer would produce updates I've now CAD designed part for these and the new ELCAN Spectre Scope and the L129A1 designated marksman rifle and the M72, AT4 and Psf90 anti-tank/bunker buster weapons. These designs have now been printed by Shapeways.

Sprue shot 1 -

48th%20Parts_zpsnh3pummn.jpg

The left hand sprue has from top to bottom 4 Spectre scopes(1 already removed), 4 ACOG(1 already removed) and 8 Torch/Laser pointer. The centre sprue has 2 AT4, 2 M72 and 2 Psf90. the right sprue has 1 L129A1 with an optional stock for each.

Sprue Shot 2 -

588214bc-48cb-4556-8f6a-f6a19e9a9536_zps

2 new front ends with the 40mm grenade launcher for the SA80. These were printed in "white acrylic" material, although much cheaper it does not give the detail of the "frosted ultra detail" used for the other parts.

The parts fitted to the figures -

DSCF0747_zps4dyjjr0y.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The trick with painting is to ensure that the hand holding the figure and the hand holding the brush are touching, that way they both shake together.

In addition always use good brushes I use this range(Sizes 0, 1 and 3) -
http://www.handover.co.uk/Brushes-Watercolour_Brushes-Series_66_Pure_Sable_Watercolour_Brush/c2_71_1035/index.html