This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Homebee

1/72 - Northrop A-17 Nomad Mk.1 (new variant) by Special Hobby - released

Dang! Now I'll have to try and convince SWMBO to loosen a little of the retirement funds to get that one. A good Canadian should absolutely have one of those.

I should start begging now.

Chris

I always rather fancied a Nomad, but perhaps the South African one rather than the Canadian. Nothing wrong with the latter, of course... However, I resisted the Dutch one in its even more interesting scheme, so perhaps not. I'd certainly want to know if it has proper plastic canopies - I have too many MPM/DH kits abandoned because of yellowed vacform canopies.

Excellent. About time they got around to a RCAF boxing!

Jim

Dang! Have an A-17 from first time round part-built as a Nomad: stalled because I baulked at fabricating that weird exhaust pipe, esp since i couldn't find many good pictures of it.

I always rather fancied a Nomad, but perhaps the South African one rather than the Canadian. Nothing wrong with the latter, of course... However, I resisted the Dutch one in its even more interesting scheme, so perhaps not. I'd certainly want to know if it has proper plastic canopies - I have too many MPM/DH kits abandoned because of yellowed vacform canopies.

Not the same, I realise, but my new N3PB from Special Hobby has injection canopies and very nice they are too!

Not the same, I realise, but my new N3PB from Special Hobby has injection canopies and very nice they are too!

So did my first-time-round A-17.

I`ve just bought one and it has an injection moulded canopy.

Unfortunately they didn't correct the canopy which is much too narrow at the top, they completely miss the almost flat section

Would love to see your build of this, Tony. You make such great models. Looking at the marking options, I'm thinking the striped variants will be interesting to pull off on 2 counts:

1. Lining up the painted stripes with the yellow/black underwing serials.
  2. Matching the yellow of the decals to the model paint.

I'd probably chicken out but I know you're made of sterner stuff (and way better modelling-fu than me!). :)

Edited by mhaselden

How does the exhaust pipe compare with photos, please?

I'd love a bumble bee Nomad for my RCAF collection, but I'm going to chicken out and do it in natural metal.

Jim