1/72 Boeing 377 Stratocruiser

Hi All, Here is my recently finished Stratocruiser kit by Academy decals from Flying Colours (Hannants still have stock) a project I have wanted to do for a long time now done! Kit went together very well indeed with only tiny amounts of filler here and there. When I worked out how much noseweight would be required for it to sit on its wheels I attached a small metal rod underneath instead. Paints are Revell Aqua gloss white and Alclad Chrome which has been toned down with varnish which will also protect. Decals were very keen to crack up under movement so much care needed, if I did this one again I would mask and spray the tail at least. Anyway she is done and I for one am happy how she turned out, what do you think? MODeller

models%20915%20127.jpg

models%20915%20126A.jpg

models%20915%20125A.jpg

models%20915%20124A.jpg

Edited by MODeller
  • Like 30

I love it!, I've always had a soft spot for the Stratocruiser and have a part built 1/144 KC97G in the stash, with a half built scratched flight deck waiting to be fitted. Really nice work MODeller, and a nice scheme too,

Cheers

Viv

That's a real beauty! Fantastic finish and a very smart scheme. I wish flying was as romantic as it was then compared to today's cattle class (but not as dangerous!).

Hello,MODeller - You ask what I think of your build? She is as beautiful and elegant as the real aircraft.I love the quality of the paint finish and is equally complimented by your choice of scheme.Your 'Stratocruiser' is a fine tribute to the type and also to your modelling skills.I'd be immensely proud of her.All the best,Paul.

That is lovely. One of those models that is calling me to the dark (civilian aircraft) side.

But, but, but , but only 4 photo's.

Any more pictures floating around ?

Yes here are another two that for some reason would not load up on the post!

models%20915%20123A.jpg

models%20915%20122A.jpg

Cheers! MODeller

• Like 2

I have made the military version of this kit and know what you mean about the amount of weight required in the nose.

I like your version and think it looks better in the cool BOAC scheme. Very good, thanks for posting.

A classic, I love this plane!

It must be quite some size in 1/72, it's not a small aeroplane.

Is there much of a flight deck supplied?

Not to take anything away from your build, well done by the way, I can't help thinking that at 1/72 some more aerials would really finish it off!

http://www.wwrgallery.co.uk/proddetails.aspx?prodID=476&mainid=&id=&si=&page=&topID=

Cheers,

Ian

• 4 years later...