Saudi Tornado

DaveJL

Since RAF Tornados are already using PWIV (and have been for some time, IIRC), wouldn't clearance for Saudi machines be fairly straightforward?

There are differences between the two aircraft, as seen in the picture the RSAF use the Damocles LDP, the RSAF retain the two mauser cannon and as such the gun firing data will be different, the main computing system uses a MSDC and not the CSG so the software will have differences.

Cheers for all the responses folks, i'm pretty much set on the load-out now:

1x Boz

1x Sky Shadow

2x Hindenburger tanks

2x AIM-9 on normal launch rails

1x Damocles pod

3x Paveway IV

As for colour, would it be the same as the RAF fleet, medium sea grey? I've got plenty of Tamiya XF-83 'RAF Medium Sea Grey 2' and a rattle can of AS-32 of the same name. Would that do the job?

• 1 month later...

The RAF ones have sway braces on the centre line pylons as far as i'm aware.

RAF Tornados do not have swaybraces. the RAF and Saudi aircraft pylons use MACE type lugs that do not need swaybracing. the German/italian aircraft use the bail lug suspension system that need swaybracing. Thats why the pylons are a different design.

Selwyn

these look like RAF type pylons as well!

see here:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234973130-148-mrca-tornado-grmk4-new-variant-by-revell-released-cmk-resin-sets/page-3

Italian/ German ones are straight and have no bulges were the lugs are!

Edited by exdraken