My first post on britmodeller and my second 1/48 scale model from Airfix. I'm going to be brush finishing this model with humbrol enamel paints and will be updating this topic a couple times a week I hope all of you enjoy and I look forward to some feedback from you guys :) thanks !

airfix_zpsruvrv01t.jpg

This the colour scheme I choose for the finish with the 24 yellow nose cone and 123 extra dark sea grey on top with a Number 90 beige green and 135 satin vanish mix for the underside of the model

">http://4ACCDF8D-5381-4F66-BEF6-CA4829DFBE8F_zps
I also have some Sprue pictures and a picture of the paints themselves :)
">http://DBCE5F6C-223A-40C5-9AA0-88A83608B308_zps
">http://

08E64F0F-C7EB-41B2-A6CB-254C743AA2E5_zps
paints
">http://460C90C7-C346-4212-B374-3C1F937103D8_zps
Thanks for having a look And I'll be starting the build soon

Edited by thehennessyguy
  • Like 3

Can you see the photos now or just got the option to click the link , I've linked the images in the photo bar and it shows up in the full editor but doesn't work in preview and when i link the image straight from photo bucket the forum won't let me upload the post so I'm really lost, How do you link photo's to your post's??

thanks for the help, Brandon

:hanging:

thanks for the help but i still cannot post every time I try I always get the message 'you are not allowed to uploaded that image extension on this community' i really cannot find a way around this and have been trying all day to solve this, looked through the FAQ and help page but nothing is working any ideas guys?

-Brandon

Nice choice of kit, I've just started one of these as well, can't get enough Seafires.

When posting an image I usually just click inside the Direct box in Photobucket. That will copy the URL for you and then just paste into Image (the green square below the smiley face) in the toolbar at the top of your post. That should insert your picture striaght into your post.

Nice choice of kit, I've just started one of these as well, can't get enough Seafires.

When posting an image I usually just click inside the Direct box in Photobucket. That will copy the URL for you and then just paste into Image (the green square below the smiley face) in the toolbar at the top of your post. That should insert your picture striaght into your post.

thanks for the help but the issue remains haha the image shows in the text bus as i click post i am not allowed and receive a box saying You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

As promised i have made a start not much progress but just started painting the cockpit and getting it ready to be put together, i will be doing more sunday evening and if not then it will be monday evening haha .

Here's the pilots seat after some chipping around the edge using some Humbrol acrylic 11.

345D565D-0BDF-49DF-B3DC-9CFD10C238C7_zps

Also got the instrument panel finished i don't really add colour to these i prefer to dry brush some white over the dials and bring the detail out rather than my low skill big colour blobs :banghead:

CFB75BA3-9DFC-421C-9CEE-B959085EDEE7_zps

thanks for following the post,

This is really the first model i'm trying my best on,it's not going to be the greatest but its all part of learning :D
look forward to feedback thanks again guys

Edited by thehennessyguy

I like to paint the dials white then paint the whole panel black. Once this has dried you can use a sharp pin to scratch some of the black away. It doesn't have to be anything special as it will be hardly seen but it does make a difference I think. Once you've done that drybrush and add a drop of gloss varnish into the dial for the glass. Here's one I made earler.

IMG_0473_zpsqx3aeeti.jpg

Hi guys sorry I'm late on the post I've had a lot of work to do, but tonight i managed to make some progress I've put the two fuselage halves together and painted the cockpit and also got the propeller blades fitted onto the front.

starting with the glossing of the dials on the cockpit!

20151013_183847_001_zps27obfvvc.jpg

i then painted the props all black so i could tape them up and paint the yellow safety tips on them.

20151013_190016_zpsb5r5f5n6.jpg

i then taped and painted the yellow section's and here they are put together,

20151013_200226_zpss1p8em2s.jpg

It does look rough and thats because i know i will end up getting paint all over the props and will have to re paint places anyway haha

Then i painted the cockpit a different shade of green i think it was humbrol 221? I'm not sure but the instructions said humbrol 33 black but i did some research and i saw the cockpits were not black and i found the humbrol 221 a more fitting colour.

20151013_201610_zpsp4bjnsod.jpg

i then did some cockpit detailing and dry brushing and then proceeded to put the fuselage halves together.

20151013_210804_zpsubskptl5.jpg

When the glue had dried i sanded down all the join marks and i will use filler once i have put the wings into place just so i can get the whole model filled rather than keep repeating the steps individually.

20151013_213513_zpsilwqckul.jpg

20151013_215211_zpsqmzxh9uw.jpg

Thats all for today ! thanks for checking in guys :D

Brandon

Edited by thehennessyguy
  • Like 2

Can't fault a Sea.47 at all. :thumbsup:

Just remember though Brandon,LA546/900/LM was THE Station Commander's(Caspar John) personal aeroplane,

so would have been very clean and presentable at all times.

Just as a side interest,here's the Wiki for Caspar John:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caspar_John

In my era the big theatre / cinema / lecture hall thingy at BRNC Dartmouth was named after him: the Caspar John Hall. It may still be, for all I know (though I was there in 1978...). At the time I had no clue who he was - "some Admiral" would have been about as far as I got. Had I known he was a WAFU, I'd have paid more attention!

• Like 1