Grumman Wildcat.new Airfix tooling.

Hello,Stevej60 - My compliments on a splendid looking build of your 'Wildcat'.I love the quality of the paint finish and just the subtle degree of weathering.She's a little Grumman Gem! All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

Terrific finish. Sure looks like a Wildcat to me. Great work. Not an expert on this type but did the FAA use this version?

I think some early Wildcats came from an order for the French placed before their fall so might have been similar mark,I,m sure some

FAA fans on site will know the full story and what changes are needed to model the Martlet.

I think some early Wildcats came from an order for the French placed before their fall so might have been similar mark,I,m sure some

FAA fans on site will know the full story and what changes are needed to model the Martlet.

Thanks. I wonder whether Airfix will make a FAA version in due course.

• Like 1

If it talks like a Cat and walks like a Cat, if must be a Cat ...... and a Wild one at that!!!
Top build Steve, good to see this new kit finished so soon.

Dave - the Poet who doesn't even know it!!
(Favourite book - Toss up between "Fat Cat on a Mat" and "Go - Dog - Go")

Edited by Rabbit Leader
  • Like 1

Looking really neat and good Steve. I picked one up a couple of weeks ago in the LMS, along with the Whitley...I need Airfix to stop releasing all these good quality kits of subjects I'm interested in :).

Rob

• Like 1

Gorgeous, what did you use for the panel wash? I am envious of your brown panel lines!!

Many thank,s just my usual,touch of washing up liquid,add the colour you want and water down to the consistency of coffee or tea.

run into the panel lines and after about ten minutes remove the excess with a folded tissue just moist.

• Like 1

Very nice work Steve, and very quick too!

Certainly looks like a Wildcat to me, wonder if Airfix will make a bigger brother for it in 1/48?

Craig.

Thank's Craig,I have a sneaky feeling they will,and I predicted the Jet Provost a few month,s ago and was right so new prediction

will be the Wellington! :winkgrin:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On October 8, 2015 at 8:58 AM, John_W said:

Sure it's not 1/48th?

Lovely build. I always think the Wildcat is too fat to fly though, yet it does.

Anything will fly if you give it enough POWERRRR!

• Like 2