1/72 - Bristol 170 Freighter Mk.21/.31 by Fly - released - new Mk.31 boxing

Homebee

2 hours ago, stevehnz said:

That's a bit unfair showing one of our RNZAF ones first up in the colour calls, how is a joker to resist that. :( I'll just go & fondle the 1/144 ones I have.

Steve.

Then follow it up with a RAAF version covered in Dayglo paint? .... which one does one choose, especially when I've always liked the Kiwi Camo scheme?

Cheers.. Dave  

• Haha 1

Did British Air Ferries have any 21/31's? Several 32's yes but the earlier versions I'm not sure of.  Mind you there are Channel Airways, Silver City, Dan-Air and others that I'd have!

52 minutes ago, wamwig said:

Did British Air Ferries have any 21/31's? Several 32's yes but the earlier versions I'm not sure of.  Mind you there are Channel Airways, Silver City, Dan-Air and others that I'd have!

Of course! Silly me! I'll just have to try and spruce up the Airfix kit then! 

It is amazing that such a plain old girl would get so much attention. I have always felt it was one of the the unsung heros of the sky. Fat but with class. It's a bit like on old dog. It will look like it's owner.😁

British Air Ferries emerged out of the wreckage which was the split up of British United and its merger with Caledonian. They inherited the Mk32s that were still in service with British United Air Ferries in 1970.

The other airline that emerged as an independent from the great break up was British Island Airways.

This looks really nice, just a quick question I can't seem to see, apologies if it is there, is this injection, resin, or both? thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Time to bump this thread up,  as the latest SAM magazine has an advert from FLY showing the Bristol Freighter kit, so it must be imminent...geeez, how many years does it take??   

Edited by AMB

• 4 months later...

I emailed Fly re the Bristol 170 and had this reply this morning...a glimmer, just a glimmer at the end of the tunnel.?

Hello Phil,

the Bristol is in produce and I´m going to release it this year 😊
Best regards Jiri Valek

-------- Původní zpráva -------
Od: Phil Harding <fidge>
Komu: [email protected]
Předmět: Bristol 170 Freighter
Datum: 01.09.2019 13:48

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 9/4/2019 at 9:28 PM, fidgeh said:

I emailed Fly re the Bristol 170 and had this reply this morning...a glimmer, just a glimmer at the end of the tunnel.?

I was checking the Hannants website just now and saw that they have changed their delivery date for the two versions to 'expected December 2019'. I also noticed that some (possibly scanned 1st drafts with dodgy colouration) decal options. I hadn't seen these before but then I could be mistaken.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/YLF72033

Perhaps this is wild speculation or wishful thinking.... or perhaps they have heard from FLY.

Either way, hope springs eternal...🤞 

Agree but £33 better than £82.00, also what other model company would give the community a new Bristol 170.

without going into all the aircraft and companies producing them, there as some excellent new models and subjects coming from these ‘new / newish’ European / Ukraine / Russian and other such areas, and none are particularly on the cheap / budget lines but they are producing subjects that non of the big guys will ever tackle. Added to that there are new products coming out at a rate that most of us cannot keep up with.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...