Spanish F-104 1/72

Hi,

Here is my F-104 Starfighter.

The Kit is the Esci F-104 G/S the original decals were shot so I used some after market replacements and a Pitot from Master.

The model is painted is a few differing shades of Alclad. Which is the main reason I did this finish as a bit of a practice.

21845653669_99eb7a3f2e_c.jpg

22020236772_721107be2e_c.jpg

Thanks for looking..

Plasto..

• Like 46
  • Thanks 1

Not bad for a bit of 'practice'. Looking forward to the real thing!

Matt

Hello,Plasto - My compliments on a beautiful looking build of your 'Starfighter'.I love the clean and sharp finish of the paint scheme.They say practice makes perfect but looking at this,I say cancel any further lessons because in my eyes you don't need them.All the best,Paul.

Oh, I LOVE a Starfighter in Spanish markings -bathe her and bring her to my tent! Beautifully done; Alclad II is indeed great stuff to work with (fluoro orange not so much!) and someday I'll find the guts to do an all-over NMF on something...

:goodjob: every which way!

• 6 years later...

A very nice model from the iconic ESCI kit.  It looks very nice, but I can see a bug in the painting of the wings, which were not painted in the color of the metal, but were painted white from the top and gray "anti corrision gray".  In addition, the air brakes are most often opened when the cabin is open and a pilot or a ground handling technician is sitting in it.

On 10/8/2015 at 9:08 AM, Plasto said:

the original decals were shot so I used some after market replacements and a Pitot from Master.

Which decals did you use?