Meteor F.4 - Danish Navy

Jadlam had a sale on Revell not so long back, so I got the Meteor F.4 just because I didn't have one in the stash. I had no idea what it was going to be finished as, since me knowledge of the type was hovering around zero. Browsing Hannants I found these Kits-World decals and everything kind of fell into place.

So my build will be Meteor F4, '464' operated by 3. Naval Air Flotilla, Royal Danish Naval Air Service, based at Karup, Jutland, 1950.

First up, the obligatory box shot (not my box - my pic had a big white spot in the middle where the flash reflected):

Meteor%2001a.jpg

And here are the contents and decals:

Meteor%201.jpg

Hopefully this one is simple enough that even I can finish it. Roll on Saturday :yahoo:

Andy

Edited by Foxbat
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to this one,.......if it helps I went to Denmark in the summer and took the following pics which might be useful for reference?

IMG_0142_zpsaljvis0a.jpg

IMG_0137_zpswfgog37h.jpg

Good luck,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Thanks Tony for those pics & Andy for doing this build, now I know what to do with this kit that I bought on a whim without knowing what to do with it, a Danish one in camo is perfect, a pity I've got too much in front of me to join in on this build. :(

Steve.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is that a Michal Jackson joke Tony??? If it is well done sir....if not well done anyway.....and Andy where are you I have just started my F4 (MPM kit but same spures - not posted yet) so please let's have an update so you can help us on our way.

Edited by Davek72

Nothing to report as yet, apart from the fact I'm back from holiday and should have some progress to show you in the next couple of days. Those pictures are great Tony, thank you for them. The instructions say light grey blue for the undersides, but the accompanying picture looks like azure. It's a huge help having the real thing in front of me to match against.

Andy

Not in Poland any more.

Welcome back Andy,......looking forward to seeing this one,..........can I just say that the undersides are Medium Sea Grey, with Dark Sea Grey and Dark Green uppers, as per the standard RAF scheme.

Cheers

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I've made progress. I have a pair of outer wings and claggy mess that could pass for a cockpit - but only if viewed in a coal cellar at midnight :(

I ran out of glue. Not a problem, there's still a model shop in Newcastle. He'd sold out of proper grown up stuff though and only had the little tubes. The one big department store I know still has a model department sold me a little yellow Humbrol thing that looks very nice. I can't actually get anything out of it though, so I resorted to the tiny Revel applicator I got in a starter set. That does actually let the glue out, but it's incredibly runny and gets everywhere. So, I've bitten the bullet and ordered some liquid cement in a bottle with a brush from the Big H.

I've read warnings on t'interwebs about online emporia killing your local friendly model shop. Looks like it's happened when basic supplies become mail order only.

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't seen anything from you in awhile Andy. How's it going? Only a week left.

Michael