Looking for - Aviation News Magazine 1991 + HC.4 info

Jakub Cikhart

Hi gents,

just got Aviation News Magazine Vol.19 No.26 (1991), there is an article "Royal Navy commando helicopters return from Gulf war".

Problem is, that the magazine is missing pages, so I only have the last page (page no. 1209) of this article.

Is there any chance somebody has this issue and is willing to scan this article for me please ? Would like to add it to my ever-growing Gulf war collection.

One more question - there is Seaking HC.4 marked "WP" in Gulf colors, but with no serial number - any chance to find it ?

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Jakub

Jakub Try a PM to Jabba, he's the leader of the Gulf War SIG. HTH Chris

Just found the article and on page 1209 it mentions Sea King WP- ZA293 suffered numerous airframe cracks. Unable to scan article , to hard.

Edited by chris57

I have "WM" listed as ZA314 of 848 NAS in Patrick Allen's book on the Sea King. Problem is that the same aircraft is shown in pictures carrying the code WD.. the same book mentions some other Sea Kings from the same unit as changing codes during the war, maybe the same happened to ZA314?

Interestingly ZA293 is listed as VP and not WP in this book..

I have "WM" listed as ZA314 of 848 NAS in Patrick Allen's book on the Sea King. Problem is that the same aircraft is shown in pictures carrying the code WD.. the same book mentions some other Sea Kings from the same unit as changing codes during the war, maybe the same happened to ZA314?

Interestingly ZA293 is listed as VP and not WP in this book..

In the "Gulf War Debrief", WM has the Ser No ZA314 also saying that the aircraft's original code letters were WD. This book also says that ZA293 has the code letters of VP.

• Like 1