Airfix Gloster Meteor F.8 9 Sqn

• 2 weeks later...

Made a start with the cockpit. Not sure who kitted this, they went more than a little overboard in some places!

From the sprue shots it looks remarkably like the MPM/Xtrakit version, and you're right it does seem as though some of the bits are there just to increase the parts count.

• 3 weeks later...

So I managed to do a little more work on this yesterday, sealed up the wings and body and guess what I forgot to do :-(

7EB2575A-33B1-4B66-95F3-BE64317E083B_zps

5E7E2A4E-FB25-4D01-A0E4-80936F45DD52_zps

Yup, forgot the control panel and engine faceplates.... Still, at least I remembered to put some weight in the nose. Using a lead "dust" which works fine, but I need to come up with a better way to get it in place. Onward and upward!

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to somehow cram the dials in, wasn't a great fit but a bodge. Was about to fit the canopy then realised, needs a dunking, so instead undercoated the tanks.

99A12276-67CA-4D16-967D-7D46C7026590_zps

Top right you might be able to spot the tailplanes that didn't take to the primer too well. Not really sure why but needs a proper wash which' delay things a little :-(

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry there's been a bit of delay. The night after my last post, my mum unfortunately died suddenly, though not totally unexpectedly. As I'm sure you guys can appreciate this has knocked normal life on the head a hell of a lot and I've not done any modelling since, having spent a lot of time away from home.

There isn't actually too much left to do, just the decals, undercarriage (already painted) and a small touch up here and there with a final varnish. I hope that all will be done within the week!

Sorry to hear this Charlie. Even an expected death in the family is no easy thing to deal with. I lost my youngest son 4 years ago in a auto accident (he was 18) so I know some of what you are dealing with.

Don't worry about the modeling unless it works for a distraction. It took me a while to get back to plastic.