Aston Martin DBR9 Le Mans. Airfix 1/32

I'm happy today.... seven years after my previous finished work (Sh60B 1/72) I can call another one a finished one.... Very happy indeed...

11.jpg

There are things that could be improved, of course, but i'm very happy with the results... Mostly having in count that is my first civil vehicle and my first 1/32 model...

4.jpg

21.jpg

3.jpg

51.jpg

This model is dedicated to all of you that posted in my WIP thread. Thanks a lot ;)

• Like 23

Hello JD,

Absolutely stunning model, great detailing too. I remember your Seahawk and all the custom detailing, much like this Aston, that build pretty much got me back into making models!

:thumbsup2:

So kind, mates :)

Glad to see you enjoyed the pics! Hope this one will be only the start of my new modellig period... May the force be with me ;)

ps. I forgot to include a link to the WIP, sorry... http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234971859-aston-martin-dbr9-airfix-132/

Edited by JuanjoDominguez

Hi JD,

absolutely perfect!!! This is what I'm trying to build from my kit.

Do you remember when I asked you about front windshield and its not perfect fit?! Ok, my fault... the kit clear parts is correct. I was trying to fit it in not correct way.

So this is work out.

How you solved the problem with the side windows? I mean the gap in the upper part of the clear parts... where the internal support meet the side window.

Thanks in advance.

Mario

Hi JD,

absolutely perfect!!! This is what I'm trying to build from my kit.

Do you remember when I asked you about front windshield and its not perfect fit?! Ok, my fault... the kit clear parts is correct. I was trying to fit it in not correct way.

So this is work out.

How you solved the problem with the side windows? I mean the gap in the upper part of the clear parts... where the internal support meet the side window.

Thanks in advance.

Mario

So kind, Mario!

In fact there was no gap in mine... Maybe due to the fact I colapsed the roof, earlier in the build, I subtly changed the shape of the sidewindows... How knows...

man that's beautiful! Of all the things that really stand out for me are the headlights. They are just so crystal clear and so realistic looking. The whole car is amazing really

Great workmanship!

Thanks for sharing this

MH

JD, just one question, again, sorry.

Could you explain me or suggest a way to create it, how do you building the wiper?

Tanks in advace.

Mario

The whiper was built using streched sprue. Cut pieces of it and glue as usual. I'm afraid I damaged mine inadvertently and finaly decided to go with the included in the kit... Did not want to starting builing another one a that point :D Anyway, once cleaned up and carefully painted it doesnt look any bad in my opinion...