Hobby Boss 1/48 Ka-27 Helix

Yose75

Hi , I'm about 90 % complete with this kit , bought it for £40 at a model show earlier in the year , Antics was the vendor , I found most of the sprue gates encroached on mating surfaces as well as the normal edges , nothing insurmountable but a bit of a pain , I certainly would have had to think twice about paying full retail price £50-60 with what you get in the box , but it's an original subject and having seen one come low over our holiday rental villa in Paphos Cyprus a couple of years ago, I think it was on firefighting duties, it made the most unbelievable racket I've ever heard , it was a must have, good luck with yours look forward to seeing it complete , I must learn how to post images on this site , cheers Birchy

Love it. Always had a soft spot for the Helix ever since playing chicken with one when he was trying to nick a practice Stingray of ours before we could pick it back up. We won, but only just!

• Like 1

Nice choice Yose looking good so far, I was at the Helicopter Museum no so long ago and saw the KA-26 what a strange looking thing without the pod but non the less interesting at the same time .

Guy

• 1 month later...