What-If Concorde - Need ideas and photos please.

Radleigh

I have a scrap 1/144th Concorde and toying turning it into a What-If at some point, I want to convert it into a military machine but want to know are there any already built on here, any drawings, photos etc to look at? Would like it to be as real as can be...

Many thanks..

Haven't built one myself, but definately like this idea.

Give it a big bomb bay (anti-radar missiles, LGB's, nukes), camera bays for reconnaissance/bomb damage assessment, canards for extra manoeuvrability (?).

Just a few ideas that I had when I saw your post.

Cheers,

Rick

IIRC and you want this to be a what if based in fact, Concorde would of been handed over to the RAF if it ever looked like the Cold War was going to go hot.

Many strategist`s believed that World War 3 would start of conventional enough until one side got desperate. With this in mind I would think in the short time available Concorde would of had it`s BA markings painted over white with anti flash or low vis roundels. As for weapons load, again time would dictate that, depending on the era, either free fall or cruise missiles would of been the only `bolt on` option. And again this would have an effect on Concorde`s max speed.

Not very exciting I`m afraid, but probably a `real world` answer for a `what if` military Concorde.

I was considering turning BraZ's Tu-144 into military role (well, it WAS considered in reality), all my ideas - reconnaissance, strike, "wild weasel", "AWACS" - eventually looked very boring - almost all modifications to appearance like bumps and humps, external weaponry etc. would come at significant performance cost that would render the project nonviable, simple painting the plane in while, gray or camouflage would look too boring so I scrapped the idea.