Hi All, Here are a pair of Airfix Skyvans completed. For the Argentine version I found the radar nose from the Revell 1/144 Super Constellation to be spot on with a little filler. I removed the heavy framing on the cockpit glazing by scraping/sanding away and repolishing back to clear using white decal film for the new frames also cut back on the kit supplied rivets then brushed Liquid Poly over to bring them back up slightly.The decals come from 26 and Siam Scale although I preferred to spray the Argentinian blue striping especially on the tailfins.

These two were a lot of fun and I still have a couple left in the stash! yours MODeller

models%20915%20155A.jpg

models%20915%20157.jpg

models%20915%20158.jpg

models%20915%20159.jpg

models%20915%20160.jpg

models%20915%20161A.jpg

models%20915%20165.jpg

models%20915%20169A.jpg

models%20915%20171.jpg

• Like 43

Very nice, and even more so in the unusual schemes.

What's next? - Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi?...

Or maybe one of the overly eye aching civilian schemes?

Edit: posted wrong pic instead of the wiki commons one, hence removal. Search for Pink Aviation services - but wear shades!

Edited by dpm1did1
  • Like 2

Wow! Very sharp. Is that foil on the engine cowling? I didn't think the canopy was too bad when I did mine but looking at yours I wish I'd done the same now.

Great pair of models, and a kit that was a hoot to build - an unexpected gem from old Airfix.

Regards,

Adrian

Wow! Very sharp. Is that foil on the engine cowling? I didn't think the canopy was too bad when I did mine but looking at yours I wish I'd done the same now.

Great pair of models, and a kit that was a hoot to build - an unexpected gem from old Airfix.

Regards,

Adrian

The engine cowlings have been sprayed in Alclad Chrome with a coat of protective Gloss Varnish over them. MODeller

Colourful pair of Skyvans.Neighbouring Thais and Singaporean examples are long out service but there are a few Malaysian registered Skyvans still flying about. Hopefully Airfix will bring the Short Skyvan back into the market soon as i surely need one!

Hello,MODeller - Congratulations on two excellent builds of your 'Skyvans'.I admire the work you have bestowed on these kits and love the quality and detail of the paint finish and chosen schemes.Two beautiful Phoenix from Aged Ashes!! All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

I've five in my stash! :yikes:

And both those decal sheets too. So it's nice to finally see them actually on a kit.

Potentially lot's of interesting schemes for them

So many skyvans .....and so litte time

Colourful pair of Skyvans.Neighbouring Thais and Singaporean examples are long out service but there are a few Malaysian registered Skyvans still flying about. Hopefully Airfix will bring the Short Skyvan back into the market soon as i surely need one!

I'm pretty sure the Thai Police have one still, have seen a photo recently of one having a major service. Will try and dig it out...

edit, if you can see this - https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=375010245998636&id=322012761298385 some of the translations suggest it's coming back to life :)

Lovely models though, big fan of the Thai one! Nepal one next? :D

Edited by Radleigh
  • Like 1

Great work. I did my first parachute jump out of a Skyvan so I've only ever taken off and not landed in one. You've managed to give an air of grace to an aircraft type that could never be called handsome - now that takes real skill!

Andy

Radleigh,

Happy to the see the Thai Police is putting back one of the Skyvans into service.That's really cool.BTW the Malaysian examples it seems were bought from the Botswana and Ciskei defence forces.Flying tourist to off shore islands and carrying the normal goods that it was designed for in the very first place. Really honest hardworking planes!

• Like 1