AC-119K Gunship - raining pain * Completed *

Madhatter

Thanks guys

I masked using good ol blue tack and kitchen towel. My hand isn't steady enough to free hand that smoothly :)

I removed the rest of the masking (except the cockpit windows) and am happy I got no over spray one guns etc. I also popped out all of the small windows in favour of using Testors clear glue. The windows in the kit have this weird fish bowl like effect right smack in the middle of each one and they don't look real at all.

I am also contemplating trying to fix up that cockpit window seam a bit more too. Not terribly happy with it as it is

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

well, I'm calling this one done. If I'm honest with myself, there's a number of thing I am not particularly pleased with - the windscreen join being the main thing, but I have other priorities now that need my attention

The rest of it is fine. Small niggly things that really are just too small to worry about, although 2 of the small windows up front came off and fell inside, but there is absolutely nothing I can do about it, so I shall just have to grin and bear it :)

It won't win any comps, that's for sure, but I still had a good time putting it together

IMG_2137_zpsh9evvw1r.jpg

IMG_2138_zpsantgyz8f.jpg

IMG_2139_zpsbg9jrer5.jpg

IMG_2141_zpszh2flloi.jpg

IMG_2142_zps4cnapxdu.jpg

IMG_2136_zps9e8cl6t8.jpg

Thanks for looking

MH

• Like 17

Great finish. I understand the little niggles but that's modelling. Sometimes we just say that will do. One day you could correct the windscreen or make replacement windows from pva but life is too short and the stash isn't getting any smaller. It looks brilliant in the pics and I love seeing these built. Thumbs up.

• Like 1

"Loved it so much I went out and bought one" as the advert says.

Looks good to me so and no shame in losing windows, I think we've all been there (microclear to the rescue!)

Now I just have to find space (and the courage) to start mine.

Edited by dpm1did1

thanks very much guys - glad you like it

I tried using the Testors clear cement but the hole is just too large for it. It handles the smaller round ones just fine, but not the other ones are just too much. I have some clear plastic sheet which might do the job if I ever decide to fix them up ;)

MH! I'm with everyone else! I think this looks awesome! This kit has been propping up a number of others for many years in my statch, so it's great to see someone turn it into a work of art. Good job! Well done!

hey thanks very guys for the kind posts, it's appreciated :)

You know, the funny thing about this one is that I originally bought it to convert to a fire bomber and paint it in the same scheme as that one from the "Planes" movie . But then this GB came up. I might buy the "Box Car" cargo version and still do the fire bomber idea. I'll just need to do a better job of the cockpit windscreen next time :) It still bugs me...

• 1 month later...