MPC/Round 2 22" Eagle Test Shot!

You are all lucky. I do not expect mine to arrive before end of Febuary. The German shop where I ordered is still calling for 40 to 50 days of delivery, so I gues they have not received any update from their wholesaler.

Ah no Problem - I have some other kits in stash I could build while I wait. I am happy to know the Eagle is available and I have ordered one ;-)

Forbidden Planet says they won't have stock until March. its thought that the entire 1st run has been sold in the States and none will reach the UK retailers until the second batch is manufactured. The good thing about that is that the new batch will contain the fixes for the errors that have been identified.

Edited by Kallisti

Well mine finally turned up today, so I'm one happy bunny.

Though for some reason the wife's not impressed. "Your new toy has arrived"......... :(

Graham

You should have countered that by rolling your eyes, and explaining it's not a "TOY"! It's a highly detailed scale model!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how much buying from here and taking the pain of p&p and import taxes etc. would work out at?

http://www.fabgearusa.com/space-1999-eagle-transporter-22-inch-model-kit-by-mpc/

Listed at 50% of the Hannants asking price.

Mine came from the US at a cost of $50 shipping, HMRC charged me £6.89 and Royal Mail thier usual rip off £8. The cost of the kit was $81 so 81+50 = $131 = £91+14 = £105 so cheaper than these UK shops AND I've already got it and started building it :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mine came from the US at a cost of $50 shipping, HMRC charged me £6.89 and Royal Mail thier usual rip off £8. The cost of the kit was $81 so 81+50 = $131 = £91+14 = £105 so cheaper than these UK shops AND I've already got it and started building it :)

You did well there mate! :thumbsup:

Even with the US Postal gouging you have a better deal.

You'd think a bulk import would lead to much cheaper prices here.

I'll see what happens when the next batch come out.

Oh dear, I accidentally stumbled into my local model shop and appear to have left the shop with one of these.

Jeez it's big compared to the 1:72 one I built last year.

Double the size, quadruple the volume....

• Like 1

Following on from my previous bout of insanity, I seem to have ordered both of the metal replacement part sets.

Personally - and it is only my opinion - I think you are wasting your money. I've seen photos of the metal accessories and frankly my Alclad versions look much better!

This is one of the metal engine bells:

12744344_10207651784806221_5818645284537

This is my Alclad version

DSC_4526.JPG

DSC_4527.JPG

and that didn't cost me £130...

• Like 5

I don't like lacquer paints, and I doubt I'd get a decent finish with my painting skills.

But your entitled to your opinions.

Who said I paid £130 one for them?

Both sets were less than £115.

As long as hmrc don't catch the parcel it'll still be cheaper than one set from the UK vendors.

Anyways modeller's rule 1 applies.

• 3 weeks later...

couldn't find one for sale in the uk for less than £200 (on amazon marketplace) so i ordered one from USA for $120 inc postage - it has been dispatched and i am tracking parcel, hope it arrives before OH goes on spa break with her mum!

Edited by fsssh

mine arrived today, from USA

was $89 + $30 postage, £8 parcel farce charge and £17 customs and extortion (yes, they calculated VAT at $:£ = 1 ... idiots)

so £100 in total

and its a BEAST!

• Like 1