New book on NEI Army Aviation Corps aircraft

Peter Boer

I have already paid for mine,.....hence I know about the added bank charges and the expensive postage costs. How can a parcel sent to the UK from Holland be the same cost as one sent to Australia?? My missus was livid and didn`t speak to me for a few days!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

well, the guy at Bataafsche must have been reading this forum 'cos I got a reply about 30 minutes after I posted here.

Unfortunately, they DON'T take either credit cards or Paypal. Can you believe it? 2016 and they don't take either!

I must admit I don't know what to do - every way I can find of paying makes an already very expensive book more & more expensive.

I'm serious I'm thinking of just sending the thing back. After all, if they can't be bothered to get a sensible means of payment, I'm not sure if I can be bothered to buy it.

Ahhhhh....

• Like 2

I have been watching this discussion,as the subject of the book is high on my list of interests.I was hoping that the problems would be resolved,but I think that I may give the idea of purchasing the book a miss.

As is still done on the European continent, you can always pay by sending cash (I know the publisher does advise this some times) and have the letter registered. Yes, I agree, it is a pity the UK is not part of the Euro zone where these problems do not exist or to a much lesser extent.

Tony, others, as it is possible to order with Bataafsche Leeuw without noting your email address in the order form, it is possible the publisher does not have your email address. If you want to complain about the high postage cost I advise sending a seperate email with your complaint.

Baldeagle, others, I think it will still take some time before the book can be ordered through Amazone.

Your by now somewhat frustrated author,

Peter

• Like 1

Dear Author, Peter, would you please can you name types, especially the rare ones (like for example Dornier Wal or Fokker C XI-W etc...) , which are presumably described or/and on photos or on profiles in your splendid book? Some more data on content, please (or a link to a review) - it would be apprecieted....

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

I have already paid for mine,.....hence I know about the added bank charges and the expensive postage costs. How can a parcel sent to the UK from Holland be the same cost as one sent to Australia?? My missus was livid and didn`t speak to me for a few days!

Cheers

Tony

A win for us in Oz. I still haven't received the extra info' my bank needs to make payment!

• Like 1

Jerzy,

none of the types you mentioned are covered in the book, as they are all Dutch NAVY types, and hence not covered in a book about Netherlands Indies ARMY types.

We'll just have to wait on Peter doing a companion book on Dutch Navy aircraft..

• Like 1

Well done,.......I`m glad that you`ve cracked it,........but that leaves me well out of pocket doesn`t it,......you live and learn I suppose,...but I do feel as if I`ve had my hands burned over this one,.....once bitten twice shy and all of that

!

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot

Yes, how did you manage that, John? My bank has a lower limit on overseas transfers which is well above the cost of the book.

Magpie 22

I just hope that PT Posindo delivers my order. I am not hopeful though, other expats here say that they have never succeeded in receiving a package from overseas via the Indonesian Postal Service, only via couriers. :weep:

At least I now know that if by some miracle I get the book, I can pay for it

Have tried to buy this book for the past month. The publisher has never replied to several inquiries and Aviation Megastore.com (who I have mail order to the USA before), list all 5 books from this publisher as " Temporarily Out of Stock". Amazon Italy,France and Germany listed it as " Not available / out of stock" for several weeks but now it is no longer listed!!The great " Loss of Java " book had to be ordered from Singapore when it was first released and its on the shelf with the two Borneo/Indie books and a C.C. Kupfer 1947, two Hugo Hooftmam picture books 1978/81 and a J.W.T. Bosch 1974/76. Please Mr. Boer I hope you can make your new book available to everyone

Thank you Peter, I have tried many times to find the book in the past month +. Its VERY frustrating. I have a french magazine "Avions" # 32-33-34 (Nov.,Dec.1995,Jan. 1996) with a 21 page article by Max Schep & Michel Ledet on the 20 Curtiss H-75 A-7 squadron. My "translation" tells me the new engines were very unreliable,the plane was very difficult to "three polnt land" / lots of ground loops & nose overs and it was called the "flying truck" and was considered harder to fly/land then the Curtiss CW-21b Interceptor !?!?!?!?!?!?!. Can not wait to read your book on this subject !

I've been monitoring this topic for awhile as I'm interested in this theater of WWII. I thought getting a copy would be a long shot till it got picked up by Amazon or some online hobby shop. But De Bataafscheleeuw Book Shop website seemed to have a mechanism for getting a copy. I ordered the book Feb 20 via email and received it here in USA yesterday along with an invoice which kind of surprised me as I thought there would be a long wait. I used the Paypal email address above to pay the 46 Euros (which apparently doesn't get through to vendor for another week) . Hope they get it ok.

Really enjoying the book so far. Very detailed look at all the aircraft employed by NEI leading up to WWII and into it. Discussion seems centered on aircraft by serial number much like Chris Shores does in his histories but includes textual information on camouflage and outfitting along with unit and operational history. My thanks to Peter Boer for his efforts. Hope he continues on with the naval aviation side next!

Regards,

Donald Anderson

The book arrived today, March 17. Apparently I ordered it on Feb. 23 and it was sent on March 2. Invoice is 46 euro + 10 euro airmail postage to USA. Sent a PayPal payment to them right away. The book is just G-R-E-A-T with an incredible amount of info. From Hugo Hooftam's 1967 "Van Glenn Martins en Mustangs" to this book, its been a very l-o-n-g haul. Thank you Peter and thank god the book is in "english"! Highly recommended !!!!!

Received an email from Aviation Megastore - it's back in stock for 43.35 Euros plus postage. As pointed out above, it is English contrary to AM's information.

Cheers

Doug

Edit - just got the P&P - 40.17 Euros to Perth, Western Australia or 83.52 Euros total. A bit rich for me. I'll see what the publishers P&P costs are.

Edited by Doug A Jones
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Pictures are spread throughout the text(Bloody Shamble'-style)and, it has to be said, even after reprinting, are a bit flat & murky.

Not exactly promising for something that costs €46 sans postage... :whistle:

Does the book contain a lot of new photographs?

Apparently if the description in this site is to believed there are only 106 photos:

http://www.flashie.nl/T/BK/BK284839.HTM

Needless to say that I find the subject extremely interesting however I cannot find any online info about the book except this thread.

Could someone of the people that have this title, give us a brief overview of its contents?

And while they're at it, answer sroubos question (which is also mine)?

TIA