Revell Space Shuttle, & Booster Rockets school project

Hi everyone

My son Dylan's (aged 9) latest build is the Revell Space Shuttle for a school project on space.

The first night of the build, using our traditional kitchen table technique, saw good progress on the shuttle

image.jpg1_zpsny00icdk.jpg

The following night I had to work late, so when I got in and Dylan met me at the front door telling me he had carried on without me I feared the worse. However I'm delighted to say my fears were unfounded, in fact I think he made better progress without me !

image.jpg3_zpshlikgke1.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsj0g1by9r.jpg

image.jpg6_zpsmygi137i.jpg

image.jpg5_zpsp01lfhhx.jpg

As you can see still lots to do but the project has to be finished next week, so it looks like a busy weekend coming up.

More later

Cheers Pat

Sorry GS

No broadband over the weekend, much domestic strife ensues !

However back up and running photos attached

Paint matching proving a challenge at the moment.

anyone built this kit and painted it with humbrol rather than Revell colours ?

Cheers Par

Hi Pops

Its really great to see a young and enthusiastic modeller - our next generations to take the hobby into the 22nd century hopefully

Nice work on the shuttle - perhaps you should leave the new master of modelling to come up with his own paint job

Let him know I am pleased to know we still have new young modellers to carry our hobby on after us.

John

• Like 1

Hi John

Really good shout on the paint, he has done so well building this completely himself it makes complete sense to let him carry on and do the painting, followed by the decals.

More pics to follow.

Cheers Pat

I remember having a corgi space shuttle as a kid in the James Bond Moonraker colours - could look good. I did make a couple of kits with my dad in the 70s but he still comes round & sees what I am building now. I used to show my dad how to do it so good on Dylan. I have now built a nice little 1/72 hawk with my daughter who was 8 or 9 at the time. She is 10 now so probably need a new project soon.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...