Martin MB-2 Refs?

Brent

Howdy,

I am trying to cobble together references for the Martin Baker MB-2. So far all I have is info found on the web.

Can you suggest any publications that follow the design and building for this aircraft? I'm interested in plans for the Napier Dagger too.

I am curious where the engine cooling air exhausted to. There are big inlets in the front. Where do they go?

Any help is appreciated.

Brent

Martin%20Baker%20M.B.2.jpg

I just did an old 1/72 vacform of this a few months ago so I may be able to help.

The engine cooling exhausted through a vent in the underside just ahead of the wings. You can just see it in your pic but it's more obvious in ths one:

MB2_02_zps6d611753.jpg

Don't forget the oil cooler in the port undercarriage spat - there's an opening near the top and a vent on each side of the spat. If you PM me, I can send the materials I gathered from my research.

David

• Like 1

There was an article on IIRC the genesis of the MB-5 covering the MB-2 and 3 in some detail, if I'm right, in an Air International issue ca. 1978 to 80 (as that's the period where most of mine come from). I'm also quite certain that Ian Huntley covered the MB-2 in one of his columns in SAM, I'd guess between Vol.'s 8 to 12. Sorry for being so unspecific, but at least for SAM there's a quite comprehensive index available on the web, which you can search if you copy the text and paste it into a Word or similar file (I did this when I looked for a column on the Fairey Long Range Monoplane a year or so back).

After checking 303sqn's list, I believe that the two drawings may originally come from the Aeroplane Database article or were used in the article. I can't remember for sure.

Chris

After checking 303sqn's list, I believe that the two drawings may originally come from the Aeroplane Database article or were used in the article. I can't remember for sure.

Chris

Not from any of those articles. More in the style of Air Enthusiast methinks.

Not from any of those articles. More in the style of Air Enthusiast methinks.

Well then, maybe I did get them from the AWF forum. I know that I've had them for a few years now. The old memory ain't what it used to was.

Chris