1/24 DH Beaver

Hi All, Here is something a bit different, a conversion of the DH Dreams (Canada) snapfit Beaver Floatplane a project I have wanted to make since seeing the advert in Fine Scale Modeller many years ago. The kit has solid windows and needs an interior but I found pics on the net which helped a lot, and further mods made specific to a British Army version. Windows were cut out and replaced from a Ferrera Roche Xmas box lid as the edges of it are curved which gives you a fighting chance. I have made the wings removable for easy transportation.All decals scourced from the spares box and model painted in Xtracrylics.

models%20915%20001A.jpg

models%20915%20002A.jpg

models%20915%20004A.jpg

models%20915%20006A.jpg

models%20915%20009.jpg

models%20915%20011A.jpg

• Like 35

Looks exactly like the result I would have wanted. If I'd ever built one..and I did think about buying one!

:goodjob:

Hi Guys n Gals,

what a thing of beauty!

Fine work.

Looks great.... There is a user that name escapes (cameraman?) me at the moment who loves Beavers! I'm sure they will see it soon :)

Hi Matey,

you're not wrong!

Wonderful representation of the Worlds finest aircraft.

I hope there's a chance to see this model 'in the plastic' sometime?

To quote the late, great Leslie Nielson - "Nice Beaver!"

The idea to use a Ferrera Roche lid for the front windows is great, and I will be copying you for my build. Where did you source the wheels from, they look perfect.

Very nice!

Colin

• Like 1

To quote the late, great Leslie Nielson - "Nice Beaver!"

The idea to use a Ferrera Roche lid for the front windows is great, and I will be copying you for my build. Where did you source the wheels from, they look perfect.

Very nice!

Colin

Hi Colin, Thanks for your interest the main wheels started as a pair of 1/32 resin F-14 aftermarket ones with the front face rebuilt but the rear brake detail looks just right, tailwheel from spares box. Hardest bit was making the front undercarriage legs, more complex shape than first appears but we got there in the end. MODeller

That looks smashing, you've really done a cracking build of what is an aircraft that deserves better from manufacturers, well done that modeller👍

You comment about using FR containers for the transparencies, I've used old cassette and CD cases in the past, but not thought if using these.... Until now. I know what I'll be buying chocolate wise in future.

Regards Adrian

Edited by Radpoe Spitfire