Revell 1/72 Fiat G.91 Tiger Meet Nr5452

Hello,Filipe - I hope I'm one of the first to compliment you on a splendid looking build of your 'Gina'.I saw this aircraft at 'RIAT'.Your build is a perfect replica of that and I love the detail and level of finish in the clean and sharp paint scheme.Very nice indeed.All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

That's a very pretty model. I too saw it at RIAT, think I have some pictures of it somewhere.

Hi Guys

Thanks everybody for the support!

very nice, always loved this scheme ! can you tell me who is making the decals for it? or is it out of the box? thanks :)

They are out of the box. Unfortunately they don't correctly reproduce the tiger stripes. Most of them were brush painted.

I think Carpena has some for another version of our G.91 Tiger Meet, the 5454 if I´m not mistaken.

Very nice indeed - that's not a re-boxing of the old Matchbox kit is it?

I don't think so. I think its revells own!

I´ve made files for the 3 views of the correct stripes based on this great walkaround by João Gomes https://plus.google.com/photos/100151557626402732381/albums/5829947008859336417?banner=pwa

My stripes was based on these photos.

If anyone wants them, please ask, I think they are somewhere around the bench!

Best regards

FIlipe

• 4 years later...
On 30/09/2015 at 23:27, English Electric said:

Very nice indeed - that's not a re-boxing of the old Matchbox kit is 

On 30/09/2015 at 23:27, English Electric said:

Very nice indeed - that's not a re-boxing of the old Matchbox kit is it?

Matchbox made the twin-engine G91Y.  This one used by the Portuguese is instead a single-engine G-91 R.  The general lines are therefore different as well ... And thank you Matchbox for doing it ... Greetings