P-51D yellow nose, Tamiya 1/48, pic heavy

Wolwe82

I like it. You could argue that the weathering is a tad overdone. But I don't think so. As I sit here I'm looking at picture of the famous 'Big Beautiful Doll' which looks decidedly scruffy. Your P51 looks like a real Mustang. That's good enough for me.

Edited by noelh
  • Like 1

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

This is one of those builds that you just can't help but keep on looking at and every time you look you see something different, something that inspires, something that stands out about this creation between human and manufactuered plastic almost mysterious.

This model personifies the real aircraft perfectly and also makes the onlooker want to go out and purchase this kit and have a go at reaching the dizzy heights of perfection that this model and its builder has achieved.

Most of us can only dream and look on with envy!

Congrats on a beautiful build and thank you for sharing it with us.

Dave

Edited by davejay
  • Like 1

I am glad you put so many shots up! You detailing is always so impressive, I love really looking at the pic's you post as I keep finding more. The dents on the fuel tanks are a great addition... Along with all the others!!

Rob

• Like 1

I have to say big thanks to all of you guys for your very very kind words! :) I know the model has its flaws, but still i m happy you like her :) I hope in next build i can avoid some errors and imperfections (mainly when talking about the build phase:/ ), but for now once again thanks to all of you guys :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Cookie :) For such a quick build i m realy happy with the result :) But my plan for next year is to make some slow build with tons of hours on it.. now i just need to find the free time :D right now i m working on ??? (surprise for a friend :) ) and then i need to build Spitfire XVI with bubble canopy for my bro as xmass gift.. but after that i ll go for it! :) Just chosing what should it be, quite tempted to build the 1/24 tiffie, but i m not sure if i m ready for it yet :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good looking Mustang!

Concerning those stars n bars on the hull... ...where they "silver/natural metal outlined" or did you mski that area of before painting the aircraft OD and with D-day markings?

// Andre B,

• Like 1

Thanks Andre :) The marking on the fuselage was outlined after the marking was painted - the reason was, i wanted to try to paint the fuselage with metalic pastes and i knew you can not mask over these - the maskng tape or even mascol just takes the paint off (or well, some layers of the paint), so you have to first paint the camo and then use the pastes :(