1/48 - Chance-Vought F4U-1 Corsair by HobbyBoss - released - new F4U-1D released

Homebee

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Vought F4U-1 Corsair by HobbyBoss - released - new F4U-1D boxing in October 2022
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Chance-Vought F4U-1 Corsair by HobbyBoss - released - new F4U-1D boxing in October 2022
3 hours ago, Bozothenutter said:

Are these any good?

Or do they have the 'one big error' all Trumpyboss seem to have?

As a corsair nut I wont build one, to my eyes the fuselage doesn't seem quite right. Its hard to explain why but its just doesnt look the part. Now for an early Corsair The Tamiya kits still the best money. For the later model's -4/-5/-7/AU-1 the Hasegawa. However its your choice in the end and this is only my opinion. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

(...) to my eyes the fuselage doesn't seem quite right. Its hard to explain why but its just doesnt look the part. (...)

Unsubstantiated arguments to say the least.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Homebee said:

Unsubstantiated arguments to say the least.

V.P.

Matter of personal opinion/choice and thats why I suggested it was his choice in the end. If My two posts are confrontational this is not my intention. Please edit/remove if you see fit as Im only trying to be a good member. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

As a relevant side note, is there anything wrong with Tamiya's 1/48 Corsairs, shape/fit or otherwise that Hobbyboss decided to release new tool versions?

Have the Tamiya 1/48 Corsairs but still to build them.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, One 48 said:

As a relevant side note, is there anything wrong with Tamiya's 1/48 Corsairs, shape/fit or otherwise that Hobbyboss decided to release new tool versions?

Have the Tamiya 1/48 Corsairs but still to build them.

Thanks.

The only thing is the foothold in the flap which was only added on the F4U-1D, the F4U-1/A need it filled in. Otherwise they're amazing kits.

Edited by Stephen
  • Like 2

On 8/24/2022 at 10:39 PM, One 48 said:

I believe they decision was made as Tamiya kits don't make money for HobbyBoss.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Chance-Vought F4U-1 Corsair by HobbyBoss - released - new F4U-1D released