1/144 Blackburn Beverley

Hi All, Just completed this one and very pleased with the result. It needs careful fitting together especially the canopy fit but no real nasties! The decals went on well and settled down with no assistance, there is even a set of canopy masks that are not mentioned in the instructions! Paints used were Revell Aqua, Humbrol and Xtracrylics with an overall coat Satin varnish.

Shame I have a yesterdays wallet trying to compete with todays spiralling prices as I would like to do a four ship line up, yours MODeller

models%20915%20133_1.jpg

models%20915%20143.jpg

models%20915%20134.jpg

models%20915%20133.jpg

models%20915%20130A.jpg

Edited by MODeller
  • Like 40

Its good to see what the new Micro-Mir Bev looks like when built and you have certainly done it justice. I picked one up at the Si Ives model show last weekend where they were selling like hot cakes. You have inspired me to place mine further up the 'to build' pile!

Mark

• Like 1

Hello,MODeller - Congratulations on a grand looking build of a stalwart aircraft.I love the clean and sharp quality of the paint finish along with your chosen scheme,She's a beauty.All the best,Paul.

The Beverley gives a lie to the old adage that 'with enough thrust you can make a barn fly'.

It manages to fly on only moderate thrust.

Also - you could apparently tell whether a Beverley had just stopped or was about to start - by the amount of oil on the ground underneath the four Bristol Centaurus engines :analintruder:

Ken

• Like 1

The Beverley gives a lie to the old adage that 'with enough thrust you can make a barn fly'.

It manages to fly on only moderate thrust.

Also - you could apparently tell whether a Beverley had just stopped or was about to start - by the amount of oil on the ground underneath the four Bristol Centaurus engines :analintruder:

Ken

Apparently you only needed to navigate one way as the return journey was a simple matter of following the oil slick back to base.

Lovely looking build of this odd looking beast. Have explored the cavernous interior of the one at the Fort Paul museum near Hull, bigger than my house!