HK Lancaster ?.

Don149

Bam! Wallet has been hit, going a bit green now (the wallet, not just me) 

PA474 is on her way. Let’s see if in two days she can make the journey that takes me 50 mins..... Then hopefully it’s Merry Christmas to err, me? 

Cheers,

WV908

Edited by WV908
Typo
  • Like 1

Probably half and half. The clarity is so good it seems a shame not to. I am considering masking so that the framework is interior green but the skin panels remain clear. But that's a *lot* of high precision masking. Bet I don't! 

• Like 3

I`ll be laid awake all night wondering where mine have got to . `think I`ll need extra Highland anaesthetic ! . Night-night .

Don .

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, sinnerboy said:

Mines taken off from Rails of Sheffield and hopefully will be on finals tomorrow 😛

( as long as it's not going via Gatwick )

I didn’t realise Rails stocked them. I could just pop down the road and get one.

At this rate I'm gonna be the last to get mine . . . . .

There are plenty on the Ebay site if you want one but dont purchase from Canada £190 postage !!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=HK+Lancaster&_sacat=0

Edited by Mancunian airman

My one arrived yesterday and I am happy with the preliminary look in the box. I left the very stout box used for packing in the man cave with the paper spaghetti in situ.  I have tried to move it out for recycling several times but the cat is convinced Santa has brought her new bed early. 

Roll on the AM correction and detailing sets we all don’t need but will not resist in buying. 

Can I suggest that someone here who knows his Lancasters starts a new thread specifically for the HK model and what corrections might be relevant?   I read the dingy storage is on both wings when that’s not correct but tbh I don’t know better so always prepared to benefits from the pearls of wisdom shared on here

Just got mine , to quote a certain stone age philosopher " YABADABADOO ". My neighbour has just brought round a large box

containing two kits from next door  where its been for the past two days !!!! . I was at the supermarket when it came . `Must

mentaly apologize to Parcelforce for the dark thoughts .

Don . ( Happy camper ) .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good lord this thing is huge! Had a pick through the parts last night and i’m extremely impressed. My only gripe with it so far is the lack of any instrument panel decals, so airscale will be getting an order from me. Now to wait for Kitsworld to release their Leader / PA474 Decal set (which they’ve confirmed is coming) and for someone to do treaded mainwheels. The only other aftermarket that I think i’d want for the Lanc is a dedicated crew set and stand.

From the parts, I think we can safely say there will be a B.I FE boxing and a tall boy / grand slam boxing in future. Not sure about dam buster though 

Cheers,

WV908

Collected my kit on Friday, probably the first one to be sold directly in Germany. :frantic: While looking at the sprues I thought I did notice a blanking plate for the mid upper turret. I wonder if they even have a Tallboy or Grand Slam conversion in mind...

Blank top turret cover gives rise to the hope of a 'Tallboy' and/or the 'Grand Slam'  version.

Some squadron's removed the front turret because it was rarely used, it saved weight, so a blank for that could have been useful but I can only think of 7 Squadron at the mo that did such. Not everybody's choice I know but just saying as not every squadron had 'standard' Lanc's on strength.

I may be tempted to build a Mk.VII Interim which carried the usual mid-upper FN turret in the revised position over the rear of the bomb bay before the Martin turret was available hence the official designation of 'Interim' Usually in the NX serial range.

This kit has got the potential so be developed into so many versions that it would be a shame not to explore the thought.

WHEN, my kit arrives I am going to delve into my research files and first thing I shall decide, before even putting plastic together, is

"Can I get some decals produced for the artwork on the nose ?"    That will be the decided !!

Ian

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:23 PM, sinnerboy said:

Mines taken off from Rails of Sheffield and hopefully will be on finals tomorrow 😛

( as long as it's not going via Gatwick )

Oh, I wish you hadn't told us about Rails stocking them, the temptation to pop over to Sheffield is very strong, and I know I shouldn't.

1 hour ago, woody37 said:

Picked mine up today. Quite fancy doing an early one with grey codes. A Manchester conversion would be nice too, in the mean time, I’m hoping @Cees Broere pulls his finger out and finishes his :tease:

Hi

Wel if anyone does a manchester or hercules lancaster and doesnt want the 'spare merlin cowlings etc'

I will buy them

I have a 1:32 conversion waiting for a set of merlin nacelles

cheers

jerry