HK Lancaster ?.

Don149

I’ve got my pre-order in with Rails of Sheffield (I feel odd buying non-railway stuff from there haha) and no money has been taken yet. The poor wallet is hiding in the corner just waiting for it to spring.... 

Cheers,

WV908

Your wallet is hiding ,WV 908 ? , mine is smoking ! .I`ve got two on back order with Hannants . I couldn`t make up my mind

between one all opened up or on a stand with full crew on board . So I thought " What the hell , go for both " . Apart from

walking a slightly demented Black Lab . I`ve got nowt else to do . After having a half-hour trip in one as an air cadet the

Lanc has been one of my all time favourites . Just waiting for them to FINALY arrive ! .

Don .

• Like 2

Firstly, I am not on Facebook so somebody has sent me some photos and I have to say that they are of a kit that has already been built by a US modeller.

There are some disappointing errors with thye kit.

The ailerons are 'ribbed' like the Tamiya version.

The front turret appears to have a sloping front section towards its base

The front turret fairing looks ghastly

There are post-war mouldings on the bomb doors

There is a dinghy stowage in the Port wing root

The pilots seat armour appears to be sloping rearwards

The decals may be home produced as the show signs of 'silvering' around some edges

45411582035_4ff1653e0d_z.jpg

45411581985_7462a1f766_z.jpg

There are two cockpit blisters in the canopy so that thankfully, gives an option hopefully . . . .

It seem to be a rush build, what with the camo painting and placement of the decals being wrong . . . 

I do hope that the pre-order kit(s) are available from the 17th, its been nearly 5 yrs so they are well within touching distance as they say.

Edited by Mancunian airman
Photos added

1 hour ago, Mancunian airman said:

Yeah at £399 . . . . ouch

Hi

If the Gbp rate goes down over the coming months they could get even more expensive

so if you are thinking of buying

( i am not, going to stick with my 1:48 )

it might be best not to wait

cheers

jerry

3 minutes ago, sinnerboy said:

£339.50 + 7.50 P&P from rails of Sheffield

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/37060/pocketbond-pkhk01e10-1-32-avro-lancaster-b-i-b-iii-wwii-raf-heavy-bomber

thanks for the heads up WV908 👍

agree with Jerry may be best not to hang around

No problem :) I’m still waiting for ‘the hit’ - it’s not happened yet so it’s unlikely it will arrive before Christmas now :( 

Cheers,

WV908

• Thanks 1

Hannants advising they have them for dispatch and confirmed my one being sent out today - as for when it arrives who knows?  :shrug:  Patience is self administered with predictable results :frantic:

As for it being not perfect, well I have yet to find the kit that is.  I will still have a long hard look at the WNW one too and to be honest I may well recycle a fair bit of the stash into one of those as well.

1 minute ago, JohnT said:

As for it being not perfect, well I have yet to find the kit that is. 

Amen to that!

I thought long and hard about cancelling the HKM in favour of WnWs

However the price is unknown and who knows what way Sterling will go in these strange times, could end up being £500 plus

• Like 1

Sadly there are numerous faults some of which should not be there.

There is a mixture of wartime + post-war parts to the kit because they obviously looked at preserved examples but I only know of two wartime static examples.

Mine is on a pre-order also and suspect it will not be with me until the New Year , , , , ,